MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least nobody I stand a chance against. I've got 3 years of warranty on this engine so i dont want to do anything to it, so its pretty much stock. I'll pull up next to a miata or some kids in their hondas and race the engine at a stop light, they'll look at the car (i guess it looks crazy fast) and their eyes go wide and they shake their heads.
Then the only people who propose a drag race happen to have GT3s or GranTurismos, etc. and I know i'd get smoked.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
That's not nice :mellow:
Talk of street racing on here is generally frowned upon. It's even mentioned on the home page. "No "racing" stories, please."

And with 70 posts, you'd think carpetsample would have picked that up... in the 8 months since he's joined, T-Bone has tapped more than a few people on the sholder... he's just exceedingly efficient in his word use.

·
Registered
22,970 Posts
That's not nice :mellow:
I like you, you are a good guy but I should let you know that what is not nice is street racing.
It kills the innocent and is just a whole lot of trouble, therefore strong opinions will be expressed and they are usually not nice for the greater impact.

·
Registered
236 Posts
It kills the innocent and is just a whole lot of trouble and therefore strong opinions will be expressed and they are usually not nice for the greater impact.
This, nevermind the fact the spyder isn't exactly built for staight line speed.

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
OK...OK...

do we have to pile on?

i mean he can't help being an ignorant, sucking douche!

i mean....i meeeeeean...it's kinda like Rodney King sayin' "can't we all get along?" after continually driving drunk.

·
Registered
16,748 Posts
Confucius say "ah so, asshole."

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
Cool story bro.

Let's take for instance you were at the drag track. A stock spyder runs 15.2 according to a few publications. I've got a 14.9 with all the bolt-ons, at a track 1200ft above sea level. Civic SI with bolt-ons? You'll get to see how nice their rear bumper looks. Stock k20 civic SI or RSX type S that's a stick and a competent driver? They shouldn't waste their premium gas on making you look stupid.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Mine goes fast straight and sideways :cool: But I only race mine on a track. Idiots + Street racing = fail. After handing too much money to my lawyer for tickets I got the idea to keep it legal.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Op, have you ever tried to race a car whilst pissing your pants in uncontrollable laughter?

Can't be done, thats why no one will race you. Plus they have firing synapses in their brains, unlike you.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Carpet Sample, it appears to me that you’re young which means you think you’re invincible and ignorant to the fact that you could get hurt or kill someone else in the process of your poor decisions. I have no problem with racing stories as long as they from the track not the streets. We were all young and have done some things we regret but don’t learn this mistake the hard way. Be safe out there and most important don’t put our lives at risk.

Cars can be replaced people can't.

·
Registered
170 Posts
dBAG

you mean these douchebags
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNjrVrpphgQ

If you want to race, move to Walker County, Georgia.
Those dorks will race their ramshackle redneck pick-up trucks against anything.
Privately owned or small company delivery trucks & vans do it too.
And then there's the occasional punk in a Mustang...

Oddly enough, Corvette owners and other responsible citizens, don't race.
Personnaly, I slow down and let the Wookie win.
They get their childish ego boosted.
I get to live a little while longer.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts