MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gauging interest in a run that I have put together. I chose this route because I think it would be ideal for spyder drivers (nice smooth, twisty, hilly roads).

Meeting place would be the movie theatre at Rockaway Mall, exit 35 on Route 80 west.
The drive would be up Rt 15 N to the Chatterbox restaurant for lunch. For those who don't know, the Chatterbox restaurant is a 60's type restaurant where they have classic car shows on Saturday nights. I would be planning this event on Sunday morning when the place is not as occupied.

After the Chatterbox we would continue up 15 N to 206 N and stop at High Point for stretching, photos and socializing. For those who are not aware of High Point, it is the highest point in New Jersey....very scenic, great place to take photos. After High Point we would have a fun drive down Rt 23 S back to where it connects with Route 80 and 46. We could end the run there and everyone go there own way.

I would like to schedule this event on Sunday, June 24th, meeting at 10am. I would like to get at least 5 spyder owners that are interested in attending, otherwise it is probably not worth scheduling.

Please post if you are interested in participating. When we have enough interested members I will post a confirmation.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was planning to join this meet -- http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f84/massc-skylands-rally-2012-a-71631/ -- with a similar route on June 9th.
Not sure why you would join a soltice/sky meet but I can tell you that Saturday is classic car day at the Chatterbox and they reserve all the spots around the restaurant for members of the "Wanderers" car club. You will be forced to park off in the dust and dirt on the hill next to the restaurant. I wonder if the organizer of this is aware of this?

Sorry you won't be there on the 24th.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I might be interested.
Thanks for your interest. So far there is very little interest (you and I are it) so I don't think this is going to happen.

Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Greg - Did you have any other interest in this event? I'm interested and my schedule has freed up for tomorrow. Let me know.

Rich
Rich:
Drakar was the only response so I made other plans. Thanks for checking anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.