MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
Weigh, Cut, Weigh, Weld, Glue, Cut, Weigh, Drill
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
S-Line Quattro with a bad strut and waste gate bushing. I've had it a week. So far I have only ordered.....

Upgraded suspension
Brake upgrade
Giant Front Mount Intercooler
Powder Coated aluminum charge pipes w/ black couplers.
Turbo inlet pipe
Induction upgrades
Meth injection throttle spacer
Meth injection base kit
CAN interface and meth progressive controller
Paint
Smoke front turn signals
RS4 blackout grill
Various vinyl wraps
OBD 11 VAG interface tool
Aftermarket key hardware

Also already modded the MMI for full Android integration.

A quick reflash should net over 400 ft/lbs torque after some quick exhaust work. So, it should be a fun luxo barge.

Attachments

· Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ooooo very nice. I've also been eyeing audis for a while. Mostly 90s ones though
The older ones are apparently MUCH easier to tune but the newer engines make mountains of torque with just a simple flash. I don't know how I would feel about a first generation DSG though.

· Registered
355 Posts
The older ones are apparently MUCH easier to tune but the newer engines make mountains of torque with just a simple flash. I don't know how I would feel about a first generation DSG though.
interesting.... I wonder if transmission bolt patterns are carried over like with toyotas. I was mainly perusing manuals though

Probably still shifts faster than a manual haha

· Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They do and they're not bad. Far better than a regular auto. I think the direct injection is a bit of a challenge for swaps currently. I have heard of people swapping older manual parts into the newer cars. Modded DSGs are insanely quick 0-60 though. There's one guy with the stock transmission on an S4 that is well into the 10s at the drag strip.

Even the A4 has launch control from the factory but there is a whole process to turn it on.

Drive a DSG in sport mode and see if you like it. IMO the gears are way too short to shift with the paddles. 7 or 8 speeds are just too much for a human to keep up with and hit the optimal shift point each time.

· Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I almost pulled the trigger on an RS4 before I got the spyder.
Nice, its the sound of the S4 engine that gets me. Even if for like 4 grand in tuning bits you can have an A4 that is much faster than a stock S4. The S4 sound at full tilt is pretty sweet. This car though is intended for drop offs at school and taking the CFO out for lunch. I'll need to keep it subtle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts