MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its that time of the year again, where all the ny spyders dust off there softtops and come out of hibernation. :lol:

Anyone interested in a sports cruise and meet? I actually don't like meets cause its the same damn thing each and everytime, standing around talking bs. I'm more interested in the ride afterwards.

I know a few good roads in Long Island for a nice half hour sporty drive if anyone is down. Or a quick ride thru the Jackie Robinson :lol:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Its that time of the year again, where all the ny spyders dust off there softtops and come out of hibernation. :lol:

Anyone interested in a sports cruise and meet? I actually don't like meets cause its the same damn thing each and everytime, standing around talking bs. I'm more interested in the ride afterwards.

I know a few good roads in Long Island for a nice half hour sporty drive if anyone is down. Or a quick ride thru the Jackie Robinson :lol:
YES... but my car may not be painted by then. :(

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I will be in CT Aug 17th weekend. If anyone wants to meet up.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I may be available...it depends on when you were planning on doing it.

·
Registered
729 Posts
+1 :lol:

So now lets figure out a day. I'm pretty much free anyday hahaha just anytime after usual work hours on weekdays. I suppose its best on a weekend for most people. So sat or sun?
Saturday's work a little better for me, my friend usually drags me into his beer league softball games cause they never have enough ppl on Sunday mornings.
Guess we need a day first, then a place where everyone can make it.
Let's do this thing!

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
So saturday it is.

I like to do this drive sometimes:
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...gIdQtqd-w&mra=mi&mrsp=10&sz=13&via=7&t=m&z=13

It has basically the best corner carving roads in this area. I work this area and have driven practically every st/rd and have come up with this route to link them all together. Easy access beginning and ending by the LIE. Nice short scenic area where you can see the water by bayville. No real traffic since some of these are the least traveled.

If anyone else has a nice route, please feel free.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
So saturday it is.

I like to do this drive sometimes:
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...gIdQtqd-w&mra=mi&mrsp=10&sz=13&via=7&t=m&z=13

It has basically the best corner carving roads in this area. I work this area and have driven practically every st/rd and have come up with this route to link them all together. Easy access beginning and ending by the LIE. Nice short scenic area where you can see the water by bayville. No real traffic since some of these are the least traveled.

If anyone else has a nice route, please feel free.
Route looks pretty good on google maps, it's tough to find a nice drive with little traffic close to NYC. The Jackie robinson is great, but only during totally off hours. So when are people free to meet up? Also, if anyone has another route suggestion, I'm all for stealing your secrets :)

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i can do the 11th and on.

Theres an even longer route my friend does with his s2k forum but its more out east and a little out of the way.

Also im sure my friend with an Elise is down as well as my roommate who also has a spyder but does not frequent forums. I think ddsheep is down if its later in the day since he works weekends. He has a boosted spyder.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i can do the 11th and on.

Theres an even longer route my friend does with his s2k forum but its more out east and a little out of the way.

Also im sure my friend with an Elise is down as well as my roommate who also has a spyder but does not frequent forums. I think ddsheep is down if its later in the day since he works weekends. He has a boosted spyder.
I won't be able to do the 11th and the 18th will be out of state, im down for the 25th.

·
Registered
770 Posts

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Aug. 25 it is!! Hopefully it isn't blazing hot. I should have my special project done by then too. Can't wait to see what you guys think of it.

Anyone know of a place to actually meet at and maybe grab a bite to eat? Preferably after the run so we can chat and not be all lethargic from eating. :lol: Maybe by Roosevelt Field Mall?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Aug. 25 it is!! Hopefully it isn't blazing hot. I should have my special project done by then too. Can't wait to see what you guys think of it.

Anyone know of a place to actually meet at and maybe grab a bite to eat? Preferably after the run so we can chat and not be all lethargic from eating. :lol: Maybe by Roosevelt Field Mall?
if you want to eat at Roosevelt field mall area, you should start at J then go to A.

probably best plkace to meet up is either mall parking lot, J is by the Broadway mall, A closer to Roosevelt field.

I might be down for a meet, depending on time and what the wife and baby have planned. I'd love to meet another spyder owner, I haven't met one before

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.