MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Obx's customer service sucks. I emailed them twice with no response.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Obx's customer service sucks. I emailed them twice with no response.
Copy that. I emailed them complaining about the installation hardware and haven't heard anything back. Couldn't beat the price though. It doesn't leak either like I've been hearing about their headers.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Copy that. I emailed them complaining about the installation hardware and haven't heard anything back. Couldn't beat the price though. It doesn't leak either like I've been hearing about their headers.
I had a test pipe on my RSX-S and a hanger broke leaving a open hole. Not something you would expect only after a month or so after installation.

Since they copied PPE 1zz setup, I wanted to see if they were willing to see if they were gonna copy the PPE 2zz swap setup. But like I said no responce. I even went as far as filling out vendor info AND still no responce.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I had a test pipe on my RSX-S and a hanger broke leaving a open hole. Not something you would expect only after a month or so after installation.

Since they copied PPE 1zz setup, I wanted to see if they were willing to see if they were gonna copy the PPE 2zz swap setup. But like I said no responce. I even went as far as filling out vendor info AND still no responce.
So your trying to help make knock off parts?

Just when you couldn't get any lower you astound me....

Enjoy your cheap pos exhaust system, this is why Greddy/ Trust went bankrupt in the first place, because of cheap imitation knock off. (Luckily the new Sport car market has saved them.)

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
You purchase a product that has little to no quality control. OBX has been around for a while and has gotten better but overall, they are not good. Try the better brands made in Japan or something made in the U.S., you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
So your trying to help make knock off parts?

Just when you couldn't get any lower you astound me....

Enjoy your cheap pos exhaust system, this is why Greddy/ Trust went bankrupt in the first place, because of cheap imitation knock off. (Luckily the new Sport car market has saved them.)
Obx knocks off everything. Why not make the swap more affordable to others. Plus if it comes out with better numbers and almost the same price than the Che header for the same price....why not. I'm not sure if you ever noticed but most designer watches and purses are knocked off. Last time I checked Rolex, Brittling, Louis Vittion were all still in business. The people who can afford quality buy quality those who cannot look else where.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I'd thought this would be a debate, I wouldn't have posted.<_<
In the mean time, I'm pretty pleased with my knock-off :)

·
Registered
8,433 Posts
The problem is that the price hides the lack of performance.

The 2zz Chi header is a great example of a cheap product the performs poorly. Looks great, fits fine, but doesn't really work.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Ditto to what's Silversprint has posted,

My whole issue is to warn interested buyers of the cheap quailty that obx stands behind. Nothing wrong with warning people about the knock off product their about to buy.

And who ever bashes Che obvioulsy hasn't heard of his amzing customer service/ exchange policy. So although his products are cheap he atleast knows it and stands by it with awesome credibility.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
And who ever bashes Che obvioulsy hasn't heard of his amzing customer service/ exchange policy. So although his products are cheap he atleast knows it and stands by it with awesome credibility.
This. This was one of my main reasons for buying a Che header in the first place. I'd heard stories of him doing complete warranty exchange on parts that were sold through other vendors. I thought THAT is the type of product I want to be buying. And for the record, I've had no issues with it AT ALL.

·
Registered
8,433 Posts
Che does have good customer service.

However the point of my post was that the Che header does not provide the same performance as a LR header. It was simply made to fit. It was never designed and flow tested.

It comes down to what the buyer wants and what they are willing to pay.

·
Registered
553 Posts

My whole issue is to warn interested buyers of the cheap quailty that obx stands behind. Nothing wrong with warning people about the knock off product their about to buy.

No offense, please help me understand something here. I just can't grasp your intent here. You say OBX is cheap in quality. You know CHE's is cheap in quality. But, you will buy from CHE and you know their product might/will not work/functon as it should. Yet the determining factor for you is that after one part fails you get a replacement part that won't perform? Isn't that kind of....moronic?

Why not save time and buy a part that works???

·
Registered
7,058 Posts
No offense, please help me understand something here. I just can't grasp your intent here. You say OBX is cheap in quality. You know CHE's is cheap in quality. But, you will buy from CHE and you know their product might/will not work/functon as it should. Yet the determining factor for you is that after one part fails you get a replacement part that won't perform? Isn't that kind of....moronic?

Che makes some parts that work just fine. I have all three pairs of trailing arms. They haven't broke. They still have full range of movement. They adjust properly. I have his rear member brace. It eventually broke after a few years. He let me buy the newly designed brace for a ridiculously small sum of money and it's been doing fine. The front member brace has been on the car for at least 3 years with no issues. Regarding the braces, the front made a tangible difference after installation, so I suppose that means it did what a brace ought to do. I can't say about the rear brace.

I have his center exit exhaust, an original design for the Spyder (for once!). It hasn't broke. I don't know how it stacks up in producing power compared to similar products. I know the prototype, with terrible bends and differing pipe diameters made power around what you'd expect.

I race on all these parts.

I think my point is not to generalize using price as a basis.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Since nobody is interested, I won't be posting a vid with sound.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts

Are your drunk???? You basically contradicted yourself.

If the second post was refering to me. I was NOT trying to bash Che. I was just saying if OBX knocked off PPEs swap system it would likely be about the same money as Ches. OBXs would make you VROOM VROOM phaster than Ches equalling better value for money IMO.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

I don't know how I would explain,

I would start by saying hearing nothing but great service from said vendor is a big deal, the other company at hand dosnt have such a quality service history. Knowing that said company with great service history also stands up to their products intentions and will warrant those intentions without hesitation. Again, said company at hand has not replied to Lexus emails with not so good warranty service.

I guess at large here is although knowing what a company does to help enthusiast vsersus a company that wants your money and nothing else to do with you after the fact is my major argument.

We know Che makes cheap/ affordable/ swap parts only because through his quality service and parts availbility. Che makes it a point that if your unsatisfied at anytime with product defect he will replace at his understanding of what has happened.

We know obx makes Cheap/ affordable/ knock off parts with a well documented history of poor quality/ poor service/ and no warranty. Obx wants to make money with no care for the enthusiasts.

So would buy a product from a clean, quality store where the staff will help you or would you by from a store where the staff is non existent?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
nvm...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts