MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my OBX LSD today, was about to install it and I noticed that it doesn't have notches cut out of it to put the vehicle speed sensor gear back on like the stock one has. Thinking about cutting notches out myself with drill press or just using a dremel, any thoughts?

·
Registered
8,433 Posts
The spyder doesn't use the speed sensor in the LSD so you don't need it.

It's only used in the FWD cars. The Spyder uses the ABS sensors in the wheels hubs for speed sensor. The sensor port in the spyder trans is capped from the outside.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Let us know how that OBX Lsd works.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I'm hoping you read thoroughly the thread(s) over on NC.org about the precautionary/preventative measures you ought to be doing before intalling it.
And that doesn't begin to touch on the challenge you face making sure that the diff preload is set within specs.
Good luck.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm hoping you read thoroughly the thread(s) over on NC.org about the precautionary/preventative measures you ought to be doing before intalling it.
And that doesn't begin to touch on the challenge you face making sure that the diff preload is set within specs.
Good luck.
I read many reviews and I rebuilt the LSD with new washers and bolts. Also arranged the washers so they are set for maximum preload. Should work out fine.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I read many reviews and I rebuilt the LSD with new washers and bolts. Also arranged the washers so they are set for maximum preload. Should work out fine.
The washers have absolutely nothing to do with the preload. You have more homework to do!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Figured out how to measure the preload, anybody know of a torque wrench that will actually read that low?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts