MR2 SpyderChat banner

OEM 1zz IGN Tables

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  bbarnes1 
#1 ·
I've been looking for OEM tuning tables for a 1zz and have been striking out.

I'd like to install a megasquirt stand alone for a future turbo. But I'd like to get it running like stock NA before that.

Does anyone have the stock ignition, VVTI, etc tables?

#2 ·
Your best bet - meaning easiest - is to use the base maps from a PowerFC.

If you want OEM maps the next best bet is to get them from a 2005+ Toyota Corolla. These ECUs can be read and their binary files are available from a number of sources. They may be slightly different from Spyder maps - most notably those cars are all DBW. But this makes little or no difference to basic ignition, fuel, and vvti.

Next possibility is you can datalog your OEM ECU and reverse engineer the maps using software like MegalogviewerHD to create the maps. The PIDs for ignition and fuel are known but you'll have to dig for the vvti PID. It does not matter much because you find that intake VVTi maps are nearly universal across multiple vehicles and manufacturers (I know, this seems incredible).

The original OEM maps for any pre-2005 Toyota ECU have never been read directly by anybody to my knoweldge because Toyota never made their workings public and the binary files are encrypted. In 2005 and later the EPA mandated a change to readable ECU's based on the J2534 standard but it still took a few years and some very interesting events (including involvement by NASA) before the basic info for these ECU's became public knowledge.

#4 ·
You can get the PFC basemaps from MWR for a small fee or from other members here on the forum for free. You will have to download the FCEdit software to read them. I have a working version for download if needed. There was another user here who was doing a MS build and put in quite a lot of work into it - this was within the last year or 18 months. Probably you can contact him for his MS maps. He also documented all the setup info you need for that ECU - triggers, sensors, pullup resistors, the works. Look in the engine control section or whatever it is labeled now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.