MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I found an OEM (3200+) brand new - waiting for delivery. I am one that belives that if a professional thief wants a car it doesn't matter what alarm you have they can take the car. Most alarms are to fend off the stupid thief, which is 99% of them.

This 3200+ comes with the installation instructions - so if anybody wants a scanned copy of these instructions, let me know and I will upload.

(Had my Spyder for 5 days)

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
where did u find one... i'm still struggling with myself on whether to get an oem or aftermarket one...

·
Registered
587 Posts
Keep us updated on how the alarm performes once installed.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to the supplier yesterday: With typical industry efficiency Toyota is shipping unit from east coast to west coast then the unit is shipped from west coast to me (on east coast). But the supplier upgraded my shipping to Priority for free. Still won't get package till end of next week at best.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I talked to the supplier yesterday: With typical industry efficiency Toyota is shipping unit from east coast to west coast then the unit is shipped from west coast to me (on east coast). But the supplier upgraded my shipping to Priority for free. Still won't get package till end of next week at best.

Well I hope they ship more than one :lol: It's a good time to snap up one of these if you think you may ever want one. I did. Thanks for the heads up on this opportunity, Tango!

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
This 3200+ comes with the installation instructions - so if anybody wants a scanned copy of these instructions, let me know and I will upload.
I think I have a PDF of them somewhere if someone really wants the instructions. Congrats on the car....treat it right, it's one of only 780 2005s.

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Keyless entry was standard while the "alarm", which I'm pretty sure only consists of just the shock/perimeter sensor, was not. Never really looked into it.

Interesting thing about the keyless stuff is that, IIRC, it's just one or two boxes that you plug existing harness plugs into. It just intercepts and passes stuff on...totally plug and play....IIRC.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I have a PDF of them somewhere if someone really wants the instructions. Congrats on the car....treat it right, it's one of only 780 2005s.
I have searched for information on number of MK3 that were sold in USA. At one time I came across a post (Can't find again) that had it listed by colors. Anyone have this information? Wonder how many are still on the road?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Got alarm today

Well I got the alarm today - Not much in the box, the RC unit & a dash switch. Since I already had keyless entry the two items just plugged into the existing harness.

The instructions just covered the delay setting and such. A whole bunch of remote lock/unlock, open/shut door, press this/press that. Long story short - I don't think its working. The switch that turns on/off the proximity unit has no way of telling if its on or off. If you push the switch it doesn't in-dent, light up, nothing.

Guess I will try programming the unit tomorrow (without the beer).

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I believe there was a change in 03 - but I could be wrong.

For me the VIP alarm has been a frustrating journey - The local Toyota were clueless, sent me across the street to the business that installs OEM accessories - also clueless never heard if the system. I wanted the VIP since it is suppose to be plugNplay and I don't have to carry another remote. The install instructions for the alarm that was sent to me is a very bad copy of a fax so the details (drawing of the actual wiring) is un-readable. Still looking for detail photos.

I found some links here but the links seem to be old SpyterChat post that don't exist anymore.

I haven't given up - been looking at forums for other make of Toyota for more information. So far I can't even find what the alarm unit even looks like (image).

Other than this I'm loking my 3 week old MR Spyder. Someday I need to see what its like to drive with the top up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts