MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it is a bit crazy but I am trying to keep my 2005 factory OEM. I currently have S Drives yokohama but I want a set of OEM tires to be able to show my car factory correct. I am looking for some OEM Bridgestone re040 in the sizes below. Date code is unimportant and I will figure out a way to get them mounted on a set of wheels. Thanks for helping me with my project. Must have 6 or 7 tread and no weather cracking.

185/55/15 FR, 215/45/16 RR
bridgstone re040 potenza

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Pretty sure I have the 185's .... they came on the spare , they probably haven't been on the ground .

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Randy, You and I should be better friends. We think alike. I already contacted them on that tire and it is a 2016 tire so I am buying it. The 15s are the difficult ones. I am happy to pay for the 185s with the wheel so I can use them on shows only. Any way you like thanks for helping me create a concourse car. Lee

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I know it is a bit crazy but I am trying to keep my 2005 factory OEM. I currently have S Drives yokohama but I want a set of OEM tires to be able to show my car factory correct. I am looking for some OEM Bridgestone re040 in the sizes below. Date code is unimportant and I will figure out a way to get them mounted on a set of wheels. Thanks for helping me with my project. Must have 6 or 7 tread and no weather cracking.

185/55/15 FR, 215/45/16 RR
bridgstone re040 potenza
I gave away a set to a local guy, Marty, a couple years back, if you could get those from his they'd be the ticket. Were the factory installed date coded tires from my '05 with about 17k easy miles on them. I bought one of the last sets of OEM rubber out there and decided to switch out the originals. PM me if you want to talk directly to Marty, I may have his number somewhere.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi Dave: I think you have me blocked for PM. I tried or don't know how to do it. I know you think I am crazy but I am trying to put together a concourse car. Since I have three probably my 2005 PGP car since it is perfect original paint and mint. It is also a full option car and now I even reproduced the window sticker so I can show it as it sat in the dealer showroom. I am still gathering bits for the project and still need the new car sticker that went on the front window of a new car. My black car has more of the original stuff but the PGP is a better show piece because of the color. I will pm you to contact Marty. Thanks Lee

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Hi Dave: I think you have me blocked for PM. I tried or don't know how to do it. I know you think I am crazy but I am trying to put together a concourse car. Since I have three probably my 2005 PGP car since it is perfect original paint and mint. It is also a full option car and now I even reproduced the window sticker so I can show it as it sat in the dealer showroom. I am still gathering bits for the project and still need the new car sticker that went on the front window of a new car. My black car has more of the original stuff but the PGP is a better show piece because of the color. I will pm you to contact Marty. Thanks Lee

My conversations to all was shut off, think I fixed that, thanks. I'll try to contact him tomorrow.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
An update on my search for tires. Phattires has produced two almost new fifteen year old fronts for me and champion tire produced one good rear dated 2016 which must be about when they were discontinued. I need one more rear for a correct oem set for my car. I am chasing one more front from beachbum and hopefully someone has a rear. Thanks

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
This might be an old ad and pricey to ship ...

If you get desperate maybe you need a friend in the UK ....

·
Registered
289 Posts
215/45/16 - I'm in Huntington Beach. I could bring it by for you to look at it. Tomorrow I will look at the dot and let you know. It would be yours for free.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts