1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mark your calendars!

July 21 ,2012
@Shorebird Park in Berkeley Marina

Head west on University Ave. Towards the bay. Left at Seawall Dr. Enter first parking lot entrance or 2nd entrance on the left

As tradition sort of, Norcal MR2 owners gather annually to meet and have a good time, share knowledge of the MR2's or even car stories in general. Over the years, the event has brought out numerous MR2's from not only the SF bay area but all over northern california, southern california, canada, washington, oregon, nevada, arizona, and maybe a few other neighboring states.

This event is for MR2 Owners, enthusiasts, fans, potential future owners, and friends. other cars are welcome to join as long as they follow the rules (see rules section)

It is a family and friends event so feel free to bring your peeps. The park is a very large size with great views of the bay. With nearby dog park, large grass fields, nearby shopping area etc there's lots to enjoy.
It does cost a good amount to organize the events and make it as streamlined as possible. Prizes, FOOD costs, permits cost, lots of little tid bits that add up. So to offset it, I'm requesting those who attend to contact me ahead of time to register.

This will be a multiple part event. It will consist of a meet and greet (show n shine) with raffles, different show style compare to before, bbq/ potluck, and making reservations at local indoor karting track to compete for a special prize. ( $? , bragging rights, etc) whatever it may be it'll be a fun time for everyone who attends.

Registration
Registration gets you a secured spot at the event, great lunch, raffle ticket, wrist band to prove you registered, and if possible even a little goody bag to take home.

Registration is $8 per person.

Since it is a potluck event and I don't want to prepare ALL the food for say.. 200+ people.. I will waive a limited number of people's registration fee if they volunteer to bring something for the potluck. Must arrange with me by email so I can keep organized.

Any remaining funds will be donated to a local school/charity in need.

The park does have a vehicle entry fee. It does help support the park's operations and it is a great park. It's around $5 if I remember right.

Rules:
-this IS a car club event not a race event (besides the gokarting in the end)
-pretty much every traffic rule must be obeyed. don't come to me if you get a ticket for speeding or even rolling stop signs..
-no burnouts, no ghostriding, no speeding at event or around event
-no launching your cars when you leave facility.. that would be up to you really but I'm sure PD will be aware.
-pick up after your self and if you see trash blowing by you pick it up.. please
-no leaving garbage in the parking lot

as well as park rules

Fishing is allowed from shore subject to State Fish and Game regulations. Persons 16 years and older must have a California State Fishing License. No Park District Fishing Access Permit is required.

Dogs are not permitted on the beach. Dogs are allowed only on lawn areas and along the paved pathways. Dogs must be on leash (six-foot maximum) and under control at all times. Please clean up after your dog.

please share and invite those who you know. Let's make this another epic MR2 meet NORCAL style!

Do NOT send payment to other paypal address besides [email protected] <<< this is the only paypal address for this event.

remember no registration = no wristband, no wristband = no fun and no lunch.

======more info to come as I get things sorted out.=======
Registration link here to make it easier.
Please do not forget to leave your name, your name of guest(s) if it applies, city you are from, and board name if you have one.

Please contact me for questions or help on how to register your MR2.
[email protected]

Thanks! Got lots to get done for this event to happen!

Darren Zhao

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Shorebird+Park,+Berkeley,+CA&hl=en&ll=37.862852,-122.315608&spn=0.004515,0.009323&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=37.052328,76.376953&oq=shorebird+park+berkele&t=h&hq=Shorebird+Park,+Berkeley,+CA&z=17

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Hi Darren . . . Thanks for puitting this together, again this year. I would love to attend, but that is the weekend my father turns 90 years old and I will be involved with family activities in Central California that weekend.

To everyone else, this is an awesome event to attend. Lisa and I attended 2 years ago and had a great time. There were a little over a hundred MR2s there that year -- all body styles that included about 15-20 Spyders. Darren does a great job putting these events together. It truly is a family friendly event and fun for everyone. Sign-up early and take lots of pictures.

Thanks again for doing this for the MR2 community, Darren.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Bump!

Where are Nor. Cal Spyders?

·
Registered
740 Posts
BUMP for the weekend!!

·
Registered
802 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
I just signed up!

See you guys there.

Rasheed

·
Registered
802 Posts
I just signed up!

See you guys there.

Rasheed
Haven't seen you in ages. Gotta see what you've done since the yellow, lol

Gonna come check it out! Looking for an MRS soon in my future :)
Don't even have one yet? Good timing, lol - you'll get to see plenty. Sign up at mr2oc and check out the local forum: http://www.mr2oc.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117 <--- you'll have to register first, then click this link again to get to the NorCal section.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry this forum isn't one that I visit much. Mainly on mr2oc. Anyways.. i checked out the cesar chavez park today after work and after picking up a big box of short ribs :)

the roads are rough there and I don't think people will like it. So I chose to make it at shorebird park where the 2005 mr2 meet was held at.

It is also in Berkeley Marina but on the south end of the marina.
Parking is closer, plentiful and free.
Roads are much better than going towards Cesar Chavez Park.

Head west on University Ave. Towards the bay. Left at Seawall Dr. Enter first parking lot entrance or 2nd entrance on the left

Sorry for the late updates.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts