MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I want to install both an oil cooler and an oil pressure gauge on my ZZW30, but I'm not sure if I want to stack sandwich plates (which seems to be an easy but sketchy solution). This is my first car and I'm still cutting my teeth so I don't want to do anything too involved that could mess up my daily.

Any recommendations on how to go about installing these? Or does anyone know of a kit with both that works well?

·
Registered
8,505 Posts
I used a T at the stock oil pressure switch for the oil pressure sensor.

You can also buy a sandwich plate that has a port for the oil switch as well as oil lines.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'm putting one in my k24 swap right now. You can likely use the same setup for the 1zz. I went with a Setrab sandwich plate with a thermostat and spacer that has a port for the sensor. I would just check the thread size on the sandwich plate. I also went with a Setrab cooler and mounting bracket, plus I fabricated a mount to connect to the inside of the passenger side vent using existing holes in the fender. The cooler I chose might be small for the k24, but we'll see what happens. You'll need to paint that steel material if you use it. Obviously, you'll need oil lines, connectors and bolts to attach. These are the items:

Sandwich plate: Amazon.com: Setrab 19-SPT76-F86-180-22 SUSA HyperFlow Sandwich Oil Filter Adapter with Thermostat for BRZ/FR-S/86, M20x1.5 Nipple Thread, ProLine M22x1.5 Port Thread: Automotive

Cooler: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0011FNKKA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mounting kit: Amazon.com: Setrab 23-1002 SUSA ProLine Mounting Bracket Kit for 1-Series Oil Coolers and Fanpacks: Automotive

Mounting material: Amazon.com: National Hardware N215-533 4062BC Solid Flat in Plain Steel,3/4X4' 1/8": Home Improvement

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I'm putting one in my k24 swap right now. You can likely use the same setup for the 1zz. I went with a Setrab sandwich plate with a thermostat and spacer that has a port for the sensor. I would just check the thread size on the sandwich plate. I also went with a Setrab cooler and mounting bracket, plus I fabricated a mount to connect to the inside of the passenger side vent using existing holes in the fender. The cooler I chose might be small for the k24, but we'll see what happens. You'll need to paint that steel material if you use it. Obviously, you'll need oil lines, connectors and bolts to attach. These are the items:

Sandwich plate: Amazon.com: Setrab 19-SPT76-F86-180-22 SUSA HyperFlow Sandwich Oil Filter Adapter with Thermostat for BRZ/FR-S/86, M20x1.5 Nipple Thread, ProLine M22x1.5 Port Thread: Automotive

Cooler: Amazon.com: Setrab 1 Series ProLine Engine Oil Cooler, 19 Row with M22 Ports: Automotive

Mounting kit: Amazon.com: Setrab 23-1002 SUSA ProLine Mounting Bracket Kit for 1-Series Oil Coolers and Fanpacks: Automotive

Mounting material: Amazon.com: National Hardware N215-533 4062BC Solid Flat in Plain Steel,3/4X4' 1/8": Home Improvement
The Mishimoto sandwich plates are also good. Many different configurations available. I also mounted my cooler in the pass-side air-inlet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Kind of offtopic but has anyone used Mishimoto universal oil cooler kit? trying to either buy kit/assmeble mine but it might be cheaper and safer (I heard installing fitting is pita) to get a kit instead.
If anyone has kit on their mind please feel free to share please.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts