MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like there's oil leaking around this area. Is there something there that could be a suspect?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
The valve cover gasket is very easy to change the chain tensioner is more involved see how to in the library

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought the valve cover was the issue, so I replaced it 1000 miles ago, toyota OEM. It could be just the old oil still there, but I just wanted to see if there was a common oil leak around that area.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Not sure if you're showing us the valve cover or timing chain tensioner. Valve cover is easy. Here's a writeup on the timing chain tensioner (o-ring replacement).

http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?42581-How-to-Replace-Timing-Chain-Tensioner-Seal

Quick tip on the tensioner: Some people also use FIPG/RTV after replacing the o-ring. Just get it on the flat part of the tensioner that sits against the engine - you don't need/want any of it beyond the o-ring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.