MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new rims installed this morning, they really change the look from the original stock alloys. I like it! I will keep it this way until I finally get my body kit, and then go to more or a performance rim/tire combo.... Here are some pics :)

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
lol im selling oem wheels, i suggest you buy them and put them back on the car :lol:

wheels don't look bad, its just that color

·
Registered
729 Posts
I think stock rims in black look great on a red spyder, but hey its your car

·
Registered
782 Posts
When it comes to wheels a contrast in color always looks better. Sometimes black wheels on a black car works.

·
Registered
236 Posts
To much red for me. They would probably look better with a drop though.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yes paint them black please :peace:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thank for the comments...

Actually, I really do appreciate all the comments, good OR bad, because it shows the variety of people's opinions, and that all different folks like different things.

I should have said that my favorite color in the world is red, and it's a color that makes me happy. As far as the stock rims, I had them shined up really nice when the dealer took them off, and I carefully wrapped them and stored them in the boxes that these new red ones came in.

Also, I ordered some really hot looking red leather seats which came this week, but I need a professional installer to put them in for me.

The whole point is that I'm just having fun, because that's what it's all about. For those of you who are really into keeping the vehicles stock, then you are really going to hate my Christmas plans. I'm buying a body kit from www.luxurypart.com, along with other trim and another set of rims that, when combined with a turbo charger and a new dual exhaust system, will totally transform the car from head to toe into nothing like it looks now.

I guess my point is that I appreciate and admire the differences in people's vehicles, as well as the stock vehicles. It's all fun, and life's too darn short.

Anyway, I'm in my red phase right now. And for the commenter who mentioned the black rims, yes they had these in black too and I came SO close to getting black, but right now I'm in a "red mood" lol.

Have a great night, guys,

Mike
Mister "Red" lol ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol im selling oem wheels, i suggest you buy them and put them back on the car :lol:

wheels don't look bad, its just that color
Thanks, I like the shape too. I know that color is a very personal thing. But I did keep the stock rims, in pristine condition, carefully packed away :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think stock rims in black look great on a red spyder, but hey its your car
Yes, I bet the stock rims in black would be awesome! Love that idea. Since I kept my rims I could always have them refinished. What do you think, a gloss wet-looking black or a deep powdery black?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If that was red lip, it may have pulled it pretty good.
Yes, I can see how that would look very unique. But for me, what caught my eye was that the red was broken up by the shiny chrome, and actually the color being separated from the black of the tire is what I personally liked. But again, this is only temporary - the rims are being changed when my body kit comes from Thailand at the end of the year :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i dunno why... but to me it looks like a clown car :confused::huh:
A clown car? Well, clown cars are HAPPY, right? LOL - but in truth, I respect your comment. Again, each of us has different tastes, and this is only temporary - but it IS fun, and I do love love LOVE red ;)

Mike

1 - 20 of 87 Posts