MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1ZZ has 142,000 miles and I have to add oil too often. I have the quote for the entire 2ZZ, 6spd Lotus swap. I just need to get the car to Detroit from Cleveland. Warm months are few here so I want to have the most driving time that I can this year.

I welcome any comments or advice.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I say go for it, too. I haven't had my car in their shop, since I am overseas. But ordering parts and asking for support has always been good experiences. I am a happy customer. Always quick replies and good communication with [email protected].

·
Registered
782 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Install labor and PFC tuned/dyno was 1250.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I dropped the car off yesterday

It rained the entire drive and when I arrived my rental car was not in order so, I had to spend the night at a nearby Hampton Inn Made it back today via Rental Car.

I have the sales order for the job. Not sure how to post it here though. I have a few questions that I forgot to ask Matt yesterday. I was kinda tired from the drive in the wind and rain I guess and thinking about how I was getting back home.

The garage there seems pretty busy. Matt showed me the Lotus that my engine is coming from...that car is now a super, Monster Lotus looks like the Batmobile. One thing that puzzled me though later as I was driving was he said that my engine does not have "Lotus" on it...not sure what that means. I am new to this thing but I thought that all the engines used in Lotus say that on them...or maybe I misunderstood....

Anyway will share the parts list if anyone so desires.

Wish me luck...I left a 50% deposit for the job.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Interested!!

Sent you a PM, very interested in you're experience. Keep us all posted!!!

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Lotus didn't make the engines. He's probably referring to the plastic Lotus valve cover garnish with the Lotus logo that some people keep (or purchase) for their 2zz swapped Spyders.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
From my understanding Jay bought a motor out of a Lotus....the car is at MWR currently. The only reason I can think of him not to have the Lotus cover, is MWR put in a racing 2zz in the Lotus and they swapped the cover back?

·
Registered
782 Posts
I think you're right, lotus uses a toyota engine with a plastic cover which reads lotus. Plastic cover might be missing or re-installed on the lotus.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can I email to someone to post? I do not have the permission.

Not sure how to get permission to post attachments.

And just occured to me about the emissions issue in Ohio??????

·
Registered
781 Posts
And just occured to me about the emissions issue in Ohio??????
Am I missing something, or are you just now worrying about emissions after driving your car to another state and entering into a contract? It seems like something that should have been thought out already.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Emission? Ohio? Maybe I should aks about that.

And just occured to me about the emissions issue in Ohio....hey man I am new to all of this. I am sure MW won't steer me wrong with all of the things they build there. I am not originally from Ohio (my excuse) and my FJ Cruiser just was registered in Ohio so, I have never had to go through that yet. Other states where I have lived check the important stuff like tires and brakes so, you don't kill someone but Ohio does not care if you kill someone with bald tires in the snow and ice as long as you do not dirty air...LOL.

I mainly wanted a new engine with more HP... with the car still being street legal. My thinking was this is like a celica engine.... It will all work out.

(Added later to post)

Maybe what I am having done is ok emisssions wise.. can someone please, explain how putting in this engine and everything else would not be kosher.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts