MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to pic up some new wheels for my car and ive been shopping around a lot. I'm curious if anybody had any opinions on sparco wheels. Usually you obviously get what you pay for but seeing as these are manufactured by OZ i think maybe these would be a good bargain. I'm not racing with these so its not like I'm looking for the lightest wheel i can find or anything, it just for looks. So my questions is really if these are gonna be good wheels if I'm just looking to enhance the look of my car.

The exact wheels I'm looking at are the "Sparco drift" wheels. Cant decide between the bronze or black. Id like the wheels to come out to the fender a bit more if anybody has any offset suggestions. I'll also be staying at 15 I just like the look of the fifteens on this car.

edit: forgot to mention i willbe getting tien s-tech's at the same time-ish

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
although after reading it seems like nobody has any experience with them. So looks like ill be the first one and then i will post feedback on them here for anybody else interested.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Well, I am still on the fence between bronze and black. If you get the bronze, let us know how they look on the silver Spyder.

I am looking at the Assetto Gara and have to do something soon as my back tires are almost bald.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
I was actually considering this wheel but went a different route. Look good IMO. I like the bronze on your silver--check out Nach's photo thread in the Owner Photos section. Different wheel but you get the idea. ;)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh yeah i know haha. Its just kind of something you have to mention when a car is THAT low. Do you guys have any offset recommendations ? i want to bring it as close to the fender as possible without rubbing. the biggest ill really ever go in the front tire wise is a 205 but right now i only have 195s

·
Registered
627 Posts
I was thinking of getting the sparco wheels. They look really nice. If you get them post up pics!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will first thing but just a warning it could take me weeks to decide. I'm very indecisive with things like this haha. but at least i know ill be happy with what i get that way.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So i was looking up more pictures of those wheels and i was originally under the impression they were in a semi-gloss finish and i believe they are actually flat finish. Might be a game changer.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I read a review somewhere that said they were a satin type finish. I would not do a flat finish either. I am leaning back towards to the OZ's, even thought I do not want to spend that much on wheels...

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Have you checked out the Konig Feather? They are very nice and another wheel that looks Hawt' on the 2 and the price is not outrageous. Comes in black, matte silver, and gold.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have checked them out and i did like them. I think im gonna go with rota slip streams in gunmetal
probably 15s with +30 offset. I dunno im so indecisive

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Tough to find widths available in 16" diameter wheels it seems. If they are 7" wide it go with a 25mm offset at the rear and a 37mm offset at the front. Probably spacers too.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I am looking to go 16x7 on the front, but was wanting 17x8 or 8.5 on the back if they will fit and are available. Anyone know what offset I would need on the back and if they will fit?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
^ I think 8.5 might be a little too big from what I remember reading in the fitment guide. Other than that I was thinking the same exact thing for similar rims, but one of my friends pointed out when you do a tire rotation you can't move your 17's in the back in the front. 17s in the front and 16s in the back would look ridiculous if that was even possible. I was wondering what information others with the 16/17 would input. I'm considering 16/16 to be safe.

Original thought
Check fitment of

16x7/17x7

Now I am looking into the fitment of

16/16
17/17

I Need to do more homework

Last night I read almost every post
http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?15324-A-COMPREHENSIVE-quot-what-size-wheel-tire-fits-quot-list.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
The 03-05's are 15 front and 16 rears and look fine. I do not want to run a square setup, I am going to run staggered like it came from Mr T.....just a little wider tires.

I am running 205/50-15 and 215/50-16 now. I am thinking about 205/45-16 and 225/45-17. Tire heights are the same or slightly less then what I am running now and I like a wide tire on back. The stagger should cause a push before a loose situation with a stock engine....for now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts