• Wrap em both

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Wrap the Front Only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wrap the Rear Only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wrap neither, leave the carbon

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Wrap them but cut out some sections by the vents to show the hidden lightness

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Wrap the whole car including top - Orange is enough!

Votes: 2 13.3%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
Weigh, Cut, Weigh, Weld, Glue, Cut, Weigh, Drill
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Preparing to wrap the Spyder. I feel I may have a bit too much carbon. Clearly I need to re-wrap the windshield frame and rear trim below the window black again but what about the hood and engine cover? Should those go Orange or stay carbon? I'm not actually trying to flex on anyone with the composites. I actually just order this stuff because it is the lightest. So, I really just want to do what will look best. A few shots to help folks form an opinion.

Windshield frame Black Gloss
Engine bay transition Black Gloss
Mirror mounts Orange
Hood (Orange or Carbon)?
Engine Cover (Orange or Carbon)?

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light Car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive parking light

Car Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

Tire Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car Wheel

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle

· Registered
128 Posts
I voted to leave them unwrapped, but it all depends if you want it to look pretty or aggressive. However, since they’re already bare, it might be nice to have a different look for a change by wrapping them instead.

· Registered
727 Posts
To me :
  • your car is yellow from factory
  • yellow color is a strong colors to Human's brain
  • other colors will hardly pop up over yellow
  • 5 colours maxi to hep Human's brain to think less
  • you already got 4 colours (black, grey, red, yellow)
More than 5 colors and the human brain need to focus understanding what he see. I've learned that when working creating logos for new brands/enterprises. When you see multi-colored wraped SuperCars, during Gumball by example, you need to focus your attention on the shape of the body details to see which model it is. This is not something you want to, especially with something in movement like a car. That should to be a quick.

Logos/marks are very often in 2 colours (Coca Cola, Subaru, nationals flags in 2/3 colors). The best combinaison is the "bi-ton". Wheels and rear lenses are not that big visually so they can be disqualified with legit. I've choose the bi-ton with black color mainly and yellow reflectives touchs (exept to the headlights).

It's difficult to find a balanced way with a dominant yellow. I don't think that wraping in orange the small pieces of side mirror mount will help. Why not using mat carbon wrap and wrapping the currents black things? It will cut the shining yellow colour. Your MR-S need a body kit. Joint us to the dark side of the aesthetic :D

· Super Moderator
3,403 Posts
I'm not a fan of yellow, but your car makes it work.

The orange color on that Camaro would look better on it, IMHO. The carbon needs to stay though.... you paid for it, so show it off.

· Registered
128 Posts
More than 5 colors and the human brain need to focus understanding what he see.

When you see multi-colored wraped SuperCars, during Gumball by example, you need to focus your attention on the shape of the body details to see which model it is. This is not something you want to, especially with something in movement like a car. That should to be a quick.
Great input. However, as you know, good design can overcome guidelines. I’m sure you’ve seen British fashion designer Paul Smith’s multicolored Mini Cooper, which has 26 colors. It even looks pretty good as a wrap on the modern Mini. Perhaps we can convince Node to give this wrap a try. 😃

Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Automotive design

Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car Wheel

· Registered
6,323 Posts
Don't put Paprika with yellow.

I think blacking out A-Pillar and trim behind the hardtop would be fine. Or, in the alternative, paint the hoods and hardtop a yellow that matches the body.

Black is overrated and often overused. I don't dislike it, but I like it less than I used to.

· Registered
Weigh, Cut, Weigh, Weld, Glue, Cut, Weigh, Drill
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't put Paprika with yellow.
I would not combine the two. Every yellow panel would go orange. I don't know where the style is headed (see BMW) and it's not really going to look modern anyway but Black vents are always cool. Hell, Toyota themselves adds them to the Camry to... one presumes keep the tail lights cool? The main thing about a black top is that it will help draw the eye down to the car body. The roof line is kind of odd with the hard top. I think the black top helps the car look longer. It is a short stubby thing.

· Registered
2,583 Posts
I'd say wrap all the yellow to orange (that gloss on the Camaro is incredible btw), then post a pic to think about that look vs wrapping some/all of the carbon. Unless you're a one & done wrap prep & laying kinda guy.

· Registered
6,323 Posts
I would not combine the two. Every yellow panel would go orange. I don't know where the style is headed (see BMW) and it's not really going to look modern anyway but Black vents are always cool. Hell, Toyota themselves adds them to the Camry to... one presumes keep the tail lights cool? The main thing about a black top is that it will help draw the eye down to the car body. The roof line is kind of odd with the hard top. I think the black top helps the car look longer. It is a short stubby thing.
Taillight overheating takes lives, and shouldn't be made light of.

But seriously, yellow is easily the best color for this car. Cherish it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts