MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Me living in Sweden is used to that things are very well organized when it's comes to buying things online. When i buy something online in Sweden with my credit card the amount to pay is what are drawn from my card. And the amount is drawn the same second I hit buy at the end of an order.

With my order for the APS for my spyder from http://www.partswebsite.com/1sttoyotaparts/ it took a few days and then I got an email saying the total cost of the APS $244 and then some shipping cost ($30). But i could read estamated shipping cost of $22. If ordered from Sweden the total should have been total!

Well i didnn't read the whole email because I'm used to that it's just a confirmation email and the item is payed and on the way to me. Went back to the email for some reason and read that I had to replay to the email for the order to get shipt. I replayed "Ship!" and now I actually don't now if the $244 is total or the $30 comes on top of that.

Maybe me overreacting... ;)

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
I wonder if the late notification of actual charges is related to out-of-country shipping?
Most stuff I order in the states will calculate actual shipping before payment, but the raw metal suppliers I ordered from recently billed me AFTER they shipped the goods.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Now the APS is on it's way! :)

But i can't belive the way it works! First $244,92 incl estamated shipping of $22 OK

Then when the final email arrivies saying "order complete and shipped" there is nothing about the shipping cost. It says "Total $244,92". I emailed back and asked. He replayed that they have charged my Mastercard with 222,65 + $30 for shipping, $252,65.

It's ok but shouldn't the final email confirmation inclued the total amount that have been drawn from my Mastercard?

And I have an account and was logged in when i was buying. The data program they use when ordering should have checked that I live in Sweden and told me the total cost incl shipping before I ordered. :angry:

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
Could be several systems issues. Interbank transfer fees, exchange rate, EU tariffs, or just badly designed software. But if you got what you ordered at a fair price, in a timely manor...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts