MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
What was the expensive service and fix at Mr. T.? Your problem may be as simple as needing to burp the system of lingering air bubbles.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Any one experiencing this?? it was all good for quite a long time with track time as well, but recently had to get to MR T for an expensive service and fix, but sometimes still sees water temp rises for a short period and comes back to normal shortly after I ease on the throttle.
Is your mr2 turbo ? Do you have a 2zz swap ?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
if you have a bubble on your cooling system then burp it and keep burping it until you get all the air out if it resolves it but comes back later dont look further you have a leaky head gasket. Obviously this is assuming you didn't started to mess with the stock cooling system

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry guys, the car is 1zz turbo with water to air inter cooler and the heat exchange is up front in front left side of the radiator. Also the radiator is koto racing with trd thermostat. Mr T went through all the necessary points such as bleeding, checks on pipes and connections, the radiator, the thermostat and water pump. They said everything is fine other then some leaking points.

·
Registered
2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2.0L Stroker
4,207 Posts
Take that with a grain of salt. You water pump might be bad. But hard to tell whats the real issue with the turbo.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Sorry guys, the car is 1zz turbo with water to air inter cooler and the heat exchange is up front in front left side of the radiator. Also the radiator is koto racing with trd thermostat. Mr T went through all the necessary points such as bleeding, checks on pipes and connections, the radiator, the thermostat and water pump. They said everything is fine other then some leaking points.
well then is a big possibility that you have a leaky head gasket it happened to me and my head warped a bit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.