MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get this code but the car runs fine, no lag or slow start up. The cats and precats have been deleted but don't think this is the issue. My first inclination is to replace the camshaft sensor. Anyone have any insight?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I get this code but the car runs fine, no lag or slow start up. The cats and precats have been deleted but don't think this is the issue. My first inclination is to replace the camshaft sensor. Anyone have any insight?
First go through the cam position sensor diagnostic steps in the shop manual. All you need is a Volt-Ohm meter and the shop manual. This will let you know if it is the sensor, or wiring.

Dave

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot man! I already replaced the sensory (recommended by mechanic) to no avail so it's probably wiring. I'll probably just pick up av volt-ohm reader this week and try to figure stuff out in house instead of sending things out. I just get so scared of messing things up.
-Daniel

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Thanks a lot man! I already replaced the sensory (recommended by mechanic) to no avail so it's probably wiring. I'll probably just pick up av volt-ohm reader this week and try to figure stuff out in house instead of sending things out. I just get so scared of messing things up.
-Daniel
Diagnostic procedures in the shop manual are written and illustrated pretty clearly. Just go step-by-step.
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts