MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[/SIZE][/SIZE] I had the headlights repainted last week. So here are the results.

First, I'd like to thank Rafa at T.O.T. for makeing this an easy and fun project.

Before

After.
There's a clear plastic shield on the front parts of the car which gives it a somewhat off-white appearance.
I'm still debating whether or not if I should remove it.

While many have switched to the better 03+ headlights, I stuck with the earlier versions for several reasons. Mainly money, as well as I was not to keen, nor adept, at the wiring portion.

While I was in there, I reduced the LFA gap, could be better though.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
I like the look of the older versions painted to match. I'm thinking of reverting back to the older lights painted red. The white looks very clean and unique.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks great. I have considered doing this myself and after seeing yours I am even more tempted. Sure would be mad at myself it I F'ed them up though.
I know what you mean, which is why I had them sent out to be painted. A couple of things I encountered along the way are: Get lots of extra plastic clips (there are two different kinds) that hold the frunk liner, and especially the wheel well liner as those tend to self-destruct with age. And if you wanted to swap out the side markers for the clear or JDM ones, now would be a good time since you're already in there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.