MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on upgrading to the 03 headlights and painting the housing flat black. Ive seen different ways people have painted the housing. Some have painted the entire housing, and some have left the portion on top of the projector chrome.

For those of you who have done this, is inner housing 1 piece or two? Do I need to sand the housing, prime, then paint?

If you have close ups of your painted 03 headlights, that would be great!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Or you could just buy the kit from tpd tuning where he sells the 03 headlights already blacked out and wire harness I think.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Np, I have been speaking with Erik about picking up a set. He's pretty busy but if you shoot him an email, he'll usually get back within a few days.

·
Registered
111 Posts
In case you were still interested in doing this project...
No need to sand, just paint! The inner housing that you're referring to is one piece.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
It would also be a good time to take out the amber lens and go with a silver bulb or led that lights up amber.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In case you were still interested in doing this project...
No need to sand, just paint! The inner housing that you're referring to is one piece.

Looks great! Thanks for the pics. Im curious what the clear turn signal looks like. Anyone have pics?

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
I match painted my 02 lights.Here they are with and without the amber lens.I also went with clear side markers.I like it and no raccoon look.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Clear lenses are sooo 2009...lol

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
This all depends on the color of the car. Amber looks great with a red car and a green car. Clear looks good with silver and white and black, and the light blue.

I love the painted lights on the red car. Every time I see that I consider ditching my black 03+ and going to the pre-face-lift lights and painting them 3PO.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BTW Anyone heard from greenstreak lately? I was going to order a set of 03+ headlights, but almost 3 weeks since last mail...
Is that Erik from TPD? If so, I just received an email from him about my headlight order. Apparently he's really busy lately. Try sending another email.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Ive sent TPD a couple emails trying to order some 03 headlights...but have gotten no response. Anyone have a direct connection?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts