MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone here intentionally paint their lip kit a contrasting color? or is that too rice and just paint it the color of the car if it isn't CF?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
What colors are we talking about here?

Personally, I'd keep it the same. I could see how different colors could be made to work though, more for a track car though.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
anyone here intentionally paint their lip kit a contrasting color? or is that too rice and just paint it the color of the car if it isn't CF?
As opposed to accidentally painting the lip a different color?

Who's car is it? I never understand questions like this; it almost sounds like asking permission to mod your car. Do what you want, take a look at it and if it looks like crap, do something different. If it looks like crap and then you post pics asking opinions some people will tell you it looks like crap, and some people will love what you've done. Anything short of doing what you want to your car is just mental masturbation.

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What colors are we talking about here?

Personally, I'd keep it the same. I could see how different colors could be made to work though, more for a track car though.
since most of the cars have black softtops, it seems like a black lip wouldn't look too out of place... or we can go cosmin's route :lol:

It's lame don't do it.
:jestera:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Not bashing you...serious question, your car is all black. That doesnt really leave options in terms of a color combination. On a side note I think that different colored cars with a black lip looks fine. In the end its YOUR car, so do what YOU want and tell everyone else (including me) to go screw themselves :p

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
He didn't say what color his car is...the pics are zerahvoid's car.

·
Registered
729 Posts
He didn't say what color his car is...the pics are zeravoid's car.
I stand corrected, unless his car just happens to be black

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
I stand corrected, unless his car just happens to be black
yeah, black would be a no brainer. It would look good body color or c/f. Maybe black and pink trim would look good. ;)

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
yeah, black would be a no brainer. It would look good body color or c/f.
I've been pondering replacing my current TRD knockoff front lip, which has a small crack, with a CF lip or another fiberglass lip without making the effort to paint it. I think I can get away with it, given the rest of my yellow and black color scheme. I've seen the unpainted look on a couple of cars.. aside from Cosmin, who's rocking a teal kit on a white car, isn't there another guy in Southern California with a black kit on a blue car?

Rich

·
Registered
729 Posts
I've been pondering replacing my current TRD knockoff front lip, which has a small crack, with a CF lip or another fiberglass lip without making the effort to paint it. I think I can get away with it, given the rest of my yellow and black color scheme. I've seen the unpainted look on a couple of cars.. aside from Cosmin, who's rocking a teal kit on a white car, isn't there another guy in Southern California with a black kit on a blue car?

Rich
I think black looks sexy with yellow, not sure if only the lip is black and the skirts are yellow though but that's what photoshop was made for

On an unrelated note, get on that black/pink colorscheme, ladies love a guy not afraid to show their sensitive side

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Bought the kit brand new primer black and decided to just put it one before painting it anything. and i actually like it. sticking with it till the front lip starts getting a bunch of rock chips to the point where i need to repaint it and im probably gonna either go with same color when i have extra money :)

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
Zerahvoid,

Have you considered painting the lip kit white and going for the Highway Patrol look?:lol:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Actually my kit is body shop painted flat black and professional install, I was going to be Cosmins Eastcoast Cousin w/o asking but decided on Flat Black all around last minute decision. Like wise, I have gotten lots of comments on the theme of my car, I wasn't going for show quality, just decent and effective for autocross and loads of highway driving because this is my daily driver.

(Rock Chips all over because Im so low and its only been 6 months)

My future goals if it matters is C One side scoops, Trd Tall Wing, Hardtop all painted flat black with stock 202 paint on body.

I was going for durability over show quality and to do something different then just color matching, My oem wheels are flat black aswell.

And Duska, I didnt want to turn into Baby Panda with all the faux Initial D Trueno in Orlando, Its a cult that will never die. But my lip was fiberglass white before I painted it flat black and looked good but a troll rock in the grass forced me to fix and paint it...

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
my car is silver... i am thinking about going flat black on the lip since the softop is black and i will eventually get black 03 side vents and rear inserts... i also plan on powdercoating the wheels gloss black...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts