MR2 SpyderChat banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Explaining the Spyder link to ´the road to Salinas´

a bit later he died in the accident on his way to the races at Salinas airport.

The local airport mine is photographed at is on the road to Salinas hence the apt, imo cool, quotation.

·
Registered
2001 MR2 Spyder
149 Posts
I was just drooling over the Beck 550 Spyder replica not too long ago... It's why silver pre-facelift evokes some Poorsche heritage.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Just be aware that you need (even) more time overtaking uphill as altitude increases.
Of course this is irrelevant if the laws of physics don't apply to you. ;)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Of course this is irrelevant if the laws of physics don't apply to you. ;)
I best say nothing :sneaky:

...and with that my car in front of something hot ánd cool:

The all ages version:

The adult version so caution: user discretion necessary; BARE FEMALE NIPPLES

This being a US based forum it may even get me banned :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
Spectra Blue 2003 SMT with Quaife LSD
270 Posts
Explaining the Spyder link to ´the road to Salinas´

a bit later he died in the accident on his way to the races at Salinas airport.

The local airport mine is photographed at is on the road to Salinas hence the apt, imo cool, quotation.
If you didn’t get the reference, MY photo was IN Salinas 😁
At my Aunt’s ranch on the Old Stage Road, the stagecoach route from San Francisco to Los Angeles.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Finally some sunshine!
Sunset over the Blue Ridge Mountains. View attachment 81186
Asheville? I think I have this same shot with extended exposure at night. I know that spot well. An Ex almost drove me off the side of the hill there. I bet the skid marks are still right in the middle of the pull off grass.

·
Registered
350 Posts
If you didn’t get the reference, MY photo was IN Salinas 😁
At my Aunt’s ranch on the Old Stage Road, the stagecoach route from San Francisco to Los Angeles.

One of my photos has the actual sált of the salinas in it btw.
Every other year or so I collect a few kilos. It is absolutely thé best to do salt crust dorado.
Also in small cute bottles it makes endearing/seductive personal presents for a ladyfriend. Quite a contrast to a box of sweets/chocolates from the gas station (y)

And stagecoaches oh án; I live in a village which was a bandolero stronghold to as recently as 50 years ago.
I have been up in the mountains in the view with an archeologist friend several times. We looked for and found bandolero ´nest´. From where they could live for months to spotters hide outs. Two of which could see the stagecoach from Málaga to Granado come up the southern slopes well in advance.

And speaking of óld road, the track in front of the mesquita runs from the Fuente de Piedra sals lake to Ronda and most likely originates from the 1st milennia BC.
Which over here is not all thát old even. Two caves withn easy cycling distance were inhabited by Neanderthal man, the one closests even by Heidelberg man.

Because it is not of AngloSaxon interest, it is not much known but the peninsula, especially the south here, has jaw dropping history. I cannot even stárt to give you a trace of an idea.
One relatively very recent thing just half a day on the bicycle is the town where Queen Isabel while camping there during her military campaign against the Califate of Granada gave sponsorship to the bloke who sailed west and encountered the americas.
Can´t go there now because of the lock down, but one ab-so-lu-te-ly Spyder-heaven route goes over the pass called ´Suspiro del Moro´ where Boabdil is supposed to have looked back to his beloved Granada. The legend says his mom commented ´don´t cry like a woman over what you could not defend like a man.´

The photo below is close to it:

·
Registered
2003 MR2 Spyder
291 Posts
Asheville? I think I have this same shot with extended exposure at night. I know that spot well. An Ex almost drove me off the side of the hill there. I bet the skid marks are still right in the middle of the pull off grass.
My photo was actually taken at the Liberty Mountain Snowflex Centre on top of the hill overlooking the city of Lynchburg. I only had my phone camera with me so the picture could have been better though. The Ex sounds brutal, definitely can understand why an Ex now o_O

·
Registered
Spectra Blue 2003 SMT with Quaife LSD
270 Posts
One of my photos has the actual sált of the salinas in it btw.
Every other year or so I collect a few kilos. It is absolutely thé best to do salt crust dorado.
Also in small cute bottles it makes endearing/seductive personal presents for a ladyfriend. Quite a contrast to a box of sweets/chocolates from the gas station (y)

And stagecoaches oh án; I live in a village which was a bandolero stronghold to as recently as 50 years ago.
I have been up in the mountains in the view with an archeologist friend several times. We looked for and found bandolero ´nest´. From where they could live for months to spotters hide outs. Two of which could see the stagecoach from Málaga to Granado come up the southern slopes well in advance.

And speaking of óld road, the track in front of the mesquita runs from the Fuente de Piedra sals lake to Ronda and most likely originates from the 1st milennia BC.
Which over here is not all thát old even. Two caves withn easy cycling distance were inhabited by Neanderthal man, the one closests even by Heidelberg man.

Because it is not of AngloSaxon interest, it is not much known but the peninsula, especially the south here, has jaw dropping history. I cannot even stárt to give you a trace of an idea.
One relatively very recent thing just half a day on the bicycle is the town where Queen Isabel while camping there during her military campaign against the Califate of Granada gave sponsorship to the bloke who sailed west and encountered the americas.
Can´t go there now because of the lock down, but one ab-so-lu-te-ly Spyder-heaven route goes over the pass called ´Suspiro del Moro´ where Boabdil is supposed to have looked back to his beloved Granada. The legend says his mom commented ´don´t cry like a woman over what you could not defend like a man.´

The photo below is close to it:

I’ve only been to Spain once but it was great. We stopped in Barcelona, Obidos, Gihon, Toledo and Madrid. We don’t have anything as old as those Neanderthal paintings over here, but still some cool history around from before Spanish settlement even. Funnily enough my gf is from Toledo OH. I think Toledo ES is much more charming.

·
Registered
350 Posts
haha i really like this one - it has attitude.
Have lóts of those. That´s what you get sharing your life, despite Covid19 restrictions :rolleyes:, with three lady friends.
Per example, I park the car at the WOK restaurant. Under the trees, the sunlight flitering through, creating a magical scene while the busy road directly behind is all but obstructed from view. Ideal for a nice picture.
Says the charming company; want me in it?
Me jocularly; only if she does something sexy.
So she drops her summer dress and, not wearing anything under it, drapes herself over the bonnet.
No ´all ages´ photos thus....
Also makes a very welcome change from what birds usually drop when you park under trees 😁

·
Registered
2001 MR2 Spyder
149 Posts
I know what I'm spending my stimulus money on...

Hardtop.

Reactions: 2mAn

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I keep buying hats like yours and somehow they keep getting deleted from my inventory. My wife swears she's not the one making them disappear.

Nice car!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I confess, I have become a hat man. I have worn a hat religiously since I had some basil cell cancer removed from my face. But started wearing "sports car hats" when I bought the MR2. I have a half dozen or so now. Maybe a little neardy but the Wife likes them.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts