MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if I'm not using correct terminology. My '01 starting making a weird noise when off-throttle. Popped the hood to discover I only have two nuts left keeping my headers in place (ok, let the jokes begin) and missing a bolt completely. I guess the noise was an exhaust leak.
Any help getting these part numbers so that I can order them?
I'd really appreciate it, thanks everyone.

·
Registered
492 Posts
This has happened to me twice, with the same stud and nut. I got them from Toyota because the 2nd time it fell out (within 6 months) was the autozone parts. Toyota was $5 for the stud (bolt) and $1 for the nut, and they had to order it, but it's from Toyota. Just be careful when you put them on, and someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but our block is aluminum so you can't torque them down really tight, or you might strip the block or the stud. I don't have a small enough torque wrench, but I put about as much torque as I could twisting with a fully extended arm, with none of my weight helping. Also, just carry a 12m wrench and periodically check if they've loosened from time to time after fixing it. I used loctite on mine just to make sure.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
The ARP studs and nuts are re-usable, the stock ones maybe not so much.

If you put on the ARP ones you're less likely to ever break them IMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts