MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Parting out Totaled 2001 Grey Spyder SOLD

I have an old totaled Mr2 Spyder sitting in my garage. The car was rear ended which bent the frame and I am no longer looking to have it repaired.

The engine ran well when I purchased the car a few years back and I was able to drive the car a short distance (was extremely loud without a muffler =\). It is a 5 speed with around 54k miles on the odometer.

Looking to sell the whole thing for 1.5k to someone within the area that can get it out of my garage or possibly part everything (aside from the rear, engine lid, and back quarter panels). Is there any interest in this?

Will look to put post pictures if there is an interest.

-Ben

Update: the car was sold. Thanks to all the interested parties!

·
Registered
9,821 Posts
Hows the driver door? I'd be interested in that if you thought about parting. Which part of NY are you so we can get a closer approximation?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car is located in Douglaston, NY 11362. It's between Queens and Long Island. I would much rather get rid of the whole thing as opposed to parting it. But if I can get good interest for a majority of the car, and get assistance pulling the parts off, then a part out would look more favorable. Just want to get it out of the garage at this point.

I believe the driver door is in very good condition. There might be some small paint chips/scratches at the corner where the rear quarter panel pressed against it (most definitely from the impact/crash). Will try to get pictures up tonight after work.

-Ben

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,853 Posts
Yeah, I would like to see some photos. Do you have a clear title to the car? If so then I am interested. I just need to calculate the cost of a round trip to pick up the car and rent a trailer to haul it home.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The car has a salvage title and it can be changed to a rebuilt title if it passes DMV inspections (at least that's how it is in New York).

-Ben

·
Registered
12 Posts
pictures available?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi All,

Sorry for the delay. Pictures can be found on picasa using the following link.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sre...97537&authkey=Gv1sRgCJjZ3r6Im_SHAw&feat=email

I believe that the cat is still in good condition but needs to be separated from a piece of the muffler that broke off. I bought a replacement muffler off of someone here, but haven't had a chance to work on it.

Let me know if the pictures don't work.

-Ben

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hey my 2 had the same stickers around the vents and the temp controls...I took them off though.

Anyway please let me know if you part this car out, there are some parts I need thanks.

Appel

1 - 20 of 62 Posts