MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm trying to figure out how to remove the old pedals and place new ones. From the look of it...it looks welded on BUT a closer look...seems like two sections.

I'm not sure how to remove the old pedals for me to install newer ones...

I tried to find the screw but to no avail; anyone got any solutions on removing it?

Please help, thank you!!!!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
wait... are you trying to replace the WHOLE entire pedal assembly (pedal + rod it is attached to) or just the silver pedal?

I dont think you can take off the actual PEDAL but you can remove the whole assembly i think

·
Registered
759 Posts
I think its connected with a thick rubber in the back of the pedal. So, probably wiggle-pull-twist till it comes off?

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
I'm trying to figure out how to remove the old pedals and place new ones.
I wouldn't try to remove the old pedal covers until I had their replacements in hand.
An examination of the replacements may reveal the how they're attached.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
A lot of pedals on cars are a rubber pad with a lip on it, so all you have to do is reach to the back of the pedal and pull up on the lip to release the rubber. I noted this on my Acura, but I'm not sure if it applies to the Spyder.

·
Registered
23,106 Posts
They just pull off. Just grab one end and lift to clear the lip and it will just come off.
It's not rocket science and if you still cant figure it out it's best not to attempt it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
They just pull off. Just grab one end and lift to clear the lip and it will just come off.
It's not rocket science and if you still cant figure it out it's best not to attempt it.
You can pull off the brake and clutch pedals, I believe the gas pedal has a pin that needs to be removed.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Hmmm, my pedals never had rubber on them when I got the car. Always wondered about that, although it does make for some interesting driving with wet shoes :p

·
Registered
729 Posts
Even the gas pedal?
Gas, brake, and clutch...only rubber is the sole of my shoe. Leather shoes when its wet out is a real PITA

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Of the three I test drove, none had rubber covers on them. They were all metal, with little rubber dots inset.

·
Registered
23,106 Posts
I think there is some confusion. The stock pedals look like they are aluminum but essentially they are fake and actually rubber with a thin sheet of metal around them.

Rubber pedals are chosen for comfort and to reduce perceived vibration. I have upgraded to real aluminum covers that attach to the pedal and they are much better however they too are fake.

The real deal aluminum pedals used for racing are one piece and consist of the the whole arm.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I think there is some confusion. The stock pedals look like they are aluminum but essentially they are fake and actually rubber with a thin sheet of metal around them.

Rubber pedals are chosen for comfort and to reduce perceived vibration. I have upgraded to real aluminum covers that attach to the pedal and they are much better however they too are fake.

The real deal aluminum pedals used for racing are one piece and consist of the the whole arm.
Makes sense. I've never looked behind them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts