1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eibach Springs?

TIENS SPRINGS?

H&R SPRINGS?

I don't race or anything just like the look and more for show without all the bouncing. I just spent a lot of money for some JIC MAGIC coilovers from Japan and need to get rid of them they are great suspension for the freeway and touring through caynon and streets without bumps. Controls awesome! but me no racer. need comfort so GF don't complain the ride.

If anyone is interested let me know about the JIC.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I had Eibach and H&Rs. Eibach is more comfortable than the H&Rs, but I liked the handling on the H&Rs better. More info in the JICs please! Might be interested. Im in socal.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HEY KWIKIE08!
Eibach is much more comfortable? or pretty much the same as H&R I just placed an order for the H&R I hope I made the rite choice....

Thanks for the info I have only owned my MR2 for about 2 months now and at first I got ahead of myself and thought I wanted to be fast and furious than I realized that I am not the best meaning a performance driver my girlfriend says I drive like a grandma haha LOL so now I am doing the show thing and try to use daily to save gas.

JIC MAGIC Suspension Kit - Full Coilover VIPFLT PROFIT total footwork tune just writing what I can read on the box haha you can do all shorts of stuff with these things they normally run anywhere between 1600-2000 bucks from when I was doing my research I got a really good deal on these because my buddy is a direct buyer from JAPAN I will get rid of these real cheap too just need extra $$$ for a paint job awesome ride when I drive through the canyons and freeway my BMW does not compare makes me feel like the Germans should have spent a little more time haha

here is my email [email protected]

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had Eibach and H&Rs. Eibach is more comfortable than the H&Rs, but I liked the handling on the H&Rs better. More info in the JICs please! Might be interested. Im in socal.
BTW Dude beautiful ride like what you did and love the hardtop

·
Registered
10,033 Posts
I've got Tanabe NF210s on KYB shocks and they are pretty comfortable....much more so than the coilovers the came with the car. They are surprisingly good on big bumps...and the car handles well enough. My alignment is pretty conservative so I've sacrificed a little. And the whole setup was quite affordable.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
How much were those kybs? I am in the same boat as the OP, where I moved back to in orlando has Bumpy roads beyond belief. All the bouncing keeps knocking down my radar. Have yet to search but I will start now for something smooth and comfortable because what I have stock is not agreeing with these roads at all.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I've got Tanabe NF210s on KYB shocks and they are pretty comfortable....much more so than the coilovers the came with the car. They are surprisingly good on big bumps...and the car handles well enough. My alignment is pretty conservative so I've sacrificed a little. And the whole setup was quite affordable.
I have the exact same setup and am very happy with the 1.2" lowering all around and the comfortable ride. My recommendation would be the NF210's and KYB shocks.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
The tanabe and kyb sounded great BUT in the regretful mods thread a few ppl listed regretting purchasing tanabe. I would think that was because they lacked the kyb combo? I think someone else said the ride was too low with the tanabe's. Just going through the options, on one hand I have people saying its great, which sounds good, but on the other, people have it in the regretful mods and I'm curious as to why. At the end of the day I just want a little smoother ride, I felt every bump on the road on the way home today. The audi A6 I almost bought b4 the spyder was like driving on clouds, I'm not expecting to get the car that smooth, but something comfy would be nice

I'm still not against the tanabe kyb set up, still looking into, however I'm stuck browsing via mobile and don't have a comp available right now to do a throrough search.

·
Registered
10,033 Posts
Being a bit stiffer than stock, they are designed to compensate for older/worn suspension components. Knowing that, I paired them with the softest set of springs that lowered the car (note that these are different than the GF210s). They don't ride like stock (if you want stock ride...buy stock struts), but they handle bumps surprisingly well. Most big bumps that have me cringing get soaked up with no drama. But....I have pretty light wheels so that helps.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Here come the caps: YOUR GF WILL NEVER BE HAPPY.

seriously: I had the same problem. I went with H&R plus K&B struts. Compared to my blown stock setup my girl didn't complain (any more than usual).

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I don't know what it is with girls and this car. they either love it and want to ride, or hate it and won't like anything you do to it. I'd say give up on trying to please the lady with the car and only work on pleasing yourself. I want the car more comfortable for self, if it was about lady pleasing I would sell the car and get something more pratical, pshhh syke.<_<

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anyone know what the best spar kplugs are for the spyder?

Thinking about doing a tune up this weekend

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I don't think you realized that you posted on a coil over thread about sparkplugs, benefit of the doubt. Future notice though, use the SEARCH button. And if it's too broad the advance search under it works wonders when its actually used.

http://spyderchat.com/forums/search.php?searchid=588004

1 - 20 of 20 Posts