MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my interpretation if Matt's brace and Corky's BP had a mutant ninja baby . The first one is made of steel and weighs 17 lb. , the next ones will be made of stainless and weigh in the same . I did have a fitment problem on the rear inside holes that I need to adjust .

The ends are all boxed for strength and to keep dirt and gravel out .

This is my fixture and the next to be welded out of stainless

I will be using all stainless hardware.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Do you hear more squicky noise after u put that on ?

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would be interested in it as well. Looking to get bracing from Corky's and would like to use this in conjuction.
I bought enough tube to make 10 braces . But I have rear bars to do first ...starting that next week . Also got my brace re-drilled and fits correctly now . I will be trying it out next weekend .

·
Registered
105 Posts
Do you have any problems with the brace scraping? My car drags the rear frame rail mount bolts on my garage floor when entering or leaving. Im lowered around 1" on Eibach springs but that tubbing looks to be around 1".

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you have any problems with the brace scraping? My car drags the rear frame rail mount bolts on my garage floor when entering or leaving. Im lowered around 1" on Eibach springs but that tubbing looks to be around 1".
Well I can't really say yet because I haven't driven the car with it on . But I can't ever recall scraping the frame rails .... thou I do live in the flat lands of Illinois .:) Yes you are right that is 1" square tubing ...some fits between the rails so you lose about 5/8 to 3/4 " ground clearance . You would probably need to put a skid plate on yours .:biggrin:

·
Registered
509 Posts
If you ever make it, let me know and i’ll take one! 😁

1 - 20 of 27 Posts