MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are a few photos of my SMT Spyder during a trip from South Florida to out West, return.

For all the nay sayers of SMT transmissions, everything went as planned, and no problems were encountered. We had about 5,500 miles towing by MotorHome, and an additional 1,500 to 2,000 miles on the SMT Spyder alone. On the Spyder, we averaged 35 MPG out West, but we were not forced to use Ethanol either, as most states out West, that we travelled, do not seem to use it!

Harryco.

Note that the battery in the Spyder did not need charging after towing as we followed the instructions that have been posted here before. Go through the running of the motor etc, but DO NOT PULL THE KEY OUT OF THE KEY POSITION after turning it "Off" past the lock position.

Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I like the last picture of the Spyder and a rainbow! :gay: Looks like a lot of fun. I am jealous.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Great photos! I believe the road I see is the Schaefer Trail in Canyonlands National Park--near Moab, UT--I've ridden my mountain bike up that one a few times...

Careful what you say of your fortunes with the SMT... if you anger the SMT Gods they will start extracting hundred dollar bills from your bank account by the dozens:)

Nice camper... what MPG does it get? And what about pulling the Spyder?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks for the replies and nice comments. They are appreciated.

The location of the mountain run is " Mokey Dugway" near Mexican Hat, right near the Az. Ut, boundary. It is a great ride, and lots of fun in the Spyder.
BYW Mateo, when the SMT handles as nice as it can, there is no need to anger it whatsoever! LOL.

The camper is a gas model and gets from about 10.5 MPG, to about 12MPG out West where the junk 'Ethanol' is NOT used by most of the States that we went through. Pulling the Spyder seems to have no measurable effect on the towing, possibly as it is so close that most of the wind is already blocked.

The Spyder was like a dream when travelling in the cold weather, as we dropped the top, but left the side windows closed and regulated the heat as needed. It was perfect, as we has a bubble of warm air to sit in, and travelled through some rain and snow before raising the top when we stopped for photographs.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Harryco.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
FANTASTIC PHOTOS! Congrats on towing the spyder! I was just out in Moab (and canyonlands) myself.... never taken the two, but can imagine some amazing top down sunshine! Love the south-west!

·
Registered
489 Posts
I love the pictures, they look so professional and the car is beautiful. What type of camera do you use?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The 3 last comments have shown an interest in the photos, and I thank you for the comments.

I use a Nikon D300, with a 17mm to 200mm lens that I use 99% of the time.

High colorado would be ideal for a Spyder trip down to Moab! It would be one ride on a scate board all the way. What a ride !! LOL.

I will attach a few more photos with the hope that I am not breaking any rules. Management or anyone in that position will not offend me if they delete these, or move them as they see fit.

Here are some more pics that without the Spyder, I could not have taken.

Harryco.

I should point out that the first one is at Rainbow Bridge, Lake Powell area. Second one at Horse shoe Bend, near Page, Az.
Third at Horseshoe Bend, fourth and fifth at the Slot canyons, nr Page, Az

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
There are no rules against posting GREAT photos:) Even if there were, the administrator never comes on here anyway:) Keep posting!

·
Registered
2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2.0L Stroker
4,206 Posts
Lets see some more! Great photos cant wait to make that trip in the Spyder.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Nice story and pics(I am a little biased) (y)(y)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts