MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Herroo! Figured id make a picture thread to post in since I picked up a silver 00 a little over a week ago, haven't done much just trying to clean it and make it mine so speak

Heres the only picture I really have, ill take more soon and update the progress, feel free to comment/ ask questions

·
Registered
131 Posts
Looks to be clean. You couldn't even see through my headlights when I bought mine! Good looking MR2.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, the PO took pretty good care of it for the most part but really didn't know too much about them

It has 90k on it and runs fantastic, normal wear and tear expected from a 12yr old car, only "issues" it has right now is i can hear a tick from the exhaust (assuming a leak somewhere) and the idler pulley is making a chatter at idle by other than that it's nice enough to make me happy as a reliable daily driver

I got it the 20th of June so exactly 3 weeks today and I've already put 1500miles on it ^_^ but hey that's why I bought it

·
Registered
131 Posts
It's funny, my neighbor just got a NSX, another has a supercharged S2000, and I have the Spyder, all daily drivers. I just can't not drive the MR2 daily, I look forward to going to work just to drive for 10 minutes! The 1ZZ does have a slight tick to it, as does the 1NZFE Yaris/Scion engine. It's normal, I blew my Yaris up @ MIR and let me tell you, that was a hell of a tick/knock. Went 3rd to 2nd instead of 3rd to 4th... just got a junkyard engine to replace... that Yaris was a fun car, seriously! Slow as hell in a straight line but handled lamf on coilovers! Google Vitz.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I've seen your old mk2 and loved it. :wub: Can't wait to see your progress.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Nice Spyder, looks clean! I live in Orlando, but I go to lakeland every once in a while to visit friends that live there. Some of them are actually in the process of opening up a restaurant right now so I'll be down there for the grand opening soon.

Welcome to Spyderchat!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see you live in Lakeland. I used to live there back in 2009. Ever see a white Spyder in your area?
I had my white mk2 hardtop back then, either on black wheels or white wheels, I actually live in Polk City and worked at Regal Automotive on the northside by TigerTown, the only white Spyder I ever remember seeing is an older guy that works at some cancer research place and besides him there is the guy with the silver Spyder from auburndale (can't remember his name on here) I used to see him everywhere, I'd wave and he'd act like we didn't share a common chassis lol :(

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice Spyder, looks clean! I live in Orlando, but I go to lakeland every once in a while to visit friends that live there. Some of them are actually in the process of opening up a restaurant right now so I'll be down there for the grand opening soon.

Welcome to Spyderchat!
Thanks man, it's not in too bad of shape.. Good enough to make me happy and give me something to tinker with

I'm actually heading out to Orlando Sunday for that small get together and ride, I don't know if you heard about it? I found out about it over on mr2oc

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thanks man, it's not in too bad of shape.. Good enough to make me happy and give me something to tinker with

I'm actually heading out to Orlando Sunday for that small get together and ride, I don't know if you heard about it? I found out about it over on mr2oc
Nah I never heard about it, I'm not a member on mr2oc. I actually only frequent these forums as far as cars/mr's go. Is it this Sunday or a different Sunday? If it was today I guess I missed it lol.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Oh and I'll follow you on instagram when my phone is done charging lol, my username is AndreGBK

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nah I never heard about it, I'm not a member on mr2oc. I actually only frequent these forums as far as cars/mr's go. Is it this Sunday or a different Sunday? If it was today I guess I missed it lol.
It was yesterday morning, couple guy met up off colonial and Avalon park, took some route out by ft christmas, a lot of fun.. I think were going to plan another for next month

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just discovered this thread.
I find it odd that no one has yet asked "Have you removed the pre-cats?"
If they are still in the car, remove them at your earliest convenience.
Hahaha good point, I have not yet! I have an odd work shift so finding time isn't the easiest but it will get done soon.. In the mean time the car runs extremely well and had no problems keeping up with a stock 03

·
Registered
131 Posts
2 hours max. It is prolly the first priority mod, as Old Man states. Free insurance for your engine longevity! I feel the odd work schedule, straight from earlies to night shift... I love my job!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.