MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys; i buy a set of cams from pipercams (streetwerks). My mechanic mount them but he's in trouble with valve clearance: he have too much space and there aren't lifter for mach .
Somebody buy the same set?
Thnx

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Does your mechanic know that the bucket tappets are available in different thicknesses to allow re-adjustment of the clearance?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does your mechanic know that the bucket tappets are available in different thicknesses to allow re-adjustment of the clearance?
yes but only 2 measure are ok, the others are out of tolerance

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Toyota offers 35 different size cam followers ranging in thickness from 5.060mm to 5.740mm or 0.1992" to 0.2260". There are sixteen valves to adjust and I think you can find cam followers for $16 ea. It gets expensive so measure twice before purchase. Measure the clearance then measure the follower to find the correct new follower.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Toyota offers 35 different size cam followers ranging in thickness from 5.060mm to 5.740mm or 0.1992" to 0.2260". There are sixteen valves to adjust and I think you can find cam followers for $16 ea. It gets expensive so measure twice before purchase. Measure the clearance then measure the follower to find the correct new follower.
ok, i know but i need a size over the 5.740

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
I think the only solution is to not use those cams. The Crower cams I installed in my spyder had no issue with valve clearance.

Reactions: Char
1 - 9 of 9 Posts