MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5$ can of Plastidip + White MR2 =

I've always wanted to see how my wife's MR2 would look w/ blacked out A-Pillars.... and was bored so decided to black out the wheels as well. I'll probably re-do them in gold :)

What do you guys think? Bring on the flames

·
Registered
668 Posts
thats the stuff that covers like spraypaint, but you can just peel it off right?

i considered doing my headlight housings with it, so i can take it off if i dont like it

the pillar looks good. looks s2000-ish. black on white is sexy

what does your wife think?

·
Registered
977 Posts
wow man, if i were you i would go to a paintshop and make that permanent

·
Registered
731 Posts
Flows very well. I like it! Gotta love cheap mods that work.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I like it. Plastidip is cool stuff. I did the wheels and grill of my FJ Cruiser and it has held up very well.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Very interesting. Never considered that. Would be interested in seeing a closeup as well.

·
Registered
782 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
The upside of the Plastidip is that if you get tired or it, you can easily remove it (but from what I've read, it is pretty durable), vs. permanently painting.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Is that a spray? I have some parts that need refreshing.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Is that a spray? I have some parts that need refreshing.
It is a spray but it's removable after dry. Peel's off like plastic but it is durable.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the compliment guys, I was honestly surprised at how well it came out.

I've also had a couple friends who said...why did I rice out the car LOL. Where as others really liked it.

Thoughts from my wife---she couldn't care less. She can do with or with out it. BUT she said she prefer silver wheels.... *face palm*

To all that wonder, I love this stuff and it peel off which is great!!! You can never mess up because you can just peel it off and re-do it :) I've had it on for two weeks now and it still looks good. I'm going to wash the car this weekend and we'll see how it turns out.

Behind the madness---

I decided to black out the wheels due to stain on the rims. When we got the car it had a lot of stain that I couldn't remove, even with scotch-brite hard scrubbing and wheel cleaner. After doing the wheels...it seriously looks nice and clean and almost like a new set. But I will definitely consider doing it in bronze...

As for the A-Pillars, I was honestly wasn't thinking of doing it since I did only planned to do the wheels, but had a bit left so I did it also. With less light, I kind of hurried up and did a sloppy job but came out OK. Definitely will take more pics of it when I can.

I will try to take close up pics tomorrow, hopefully she comes back from the gym before the sun goes down so I can take the pics....otherwise it will be the weekend.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The wheels are flat black. Here's some close up shots. Note that the A-Pillars are really dusty and I still need to peel some of the parts off but lazy and didn't have time lol

1 - 20 of 41 Posts