MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need an exhaust manifold for my Spyder.

If anyone has a manifold in excellent condition either with or without pre-cats to sell please contact me ASAP.

While my first choice is an OEM manifold I don't know if I will locate one and may need to purchase an aftermarket header/manifold. If I am forced to purchase aftermarket please advise the highest quality header which would be a direct bolt-on replacement not requiring any modifications and which also allows fitment of all three heat shields as well as original 02 sensor location and which also attaches/bolts to the engine brackets as original.

The only higher quality headers I've seen thus far require modifications to the exhaust system where the lower portion of the OEM manifold ends.

I have read CHE offers reasonably priced manifolds which are not the highest quality however I have also read his customer service is excellent.

Any advice and/or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to both for replying; much appreciated.

Per your suggestions, I will also post in the advised section and also revise the title.

If it's OK, I will also leave this post in this section since I also need advice on an aftermarket header if I am unable to locate an OEM.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Che's header or a cheap Ebay header will work without modification.The stock O2 sensors and heat shields fit them too.I just replaced my $69 Ebay header with a gutted stock manifold.After 4 years there is still nothing wrong with it except the chrome turned a deep black color.I would still recommend Che's header because his customer service.Ebay headers can vary in quality and come with crappy gaskets.Use a Toyota gasket or it will leak after a while.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your reply.

Please tell me if your and/or Che's header attaches to the engine brackets the same way the OEM manifold attaches; the OEM attaches with a 12 and 14mm bolt.

Also, do you know of any higher quality headers which are also direct bolt-on replacements?

Thank you.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Thank you for your reply.

Please tell me if your and/or Che's header attaches to the engine brackets the same way the OEM manifold attaches; the OEM attaches with a 12 and 14mm bolt.

Also, do you know of any higher quality headers which are also direct bolt-on replacements?

Thank you.
Yes it uses the stock engine brackets.Very important to use them or the header will crack.PPE makes one but some O2 sensor modding is required and it dose not fit with the stock cat. Zero makes a beautiful hand made header but there around $600 and come from the UK.The aftermarket for our cars is dwindling.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your help with my questions; much appreciated.

I was relieved when you answered the stock heat shields and 02 sensors would fit properly but very concerned about the brackets for the reasons you mentioned; thank you for confirming it bolts to the stock brackets.

If I am unable to locate an OEM manifold at this point I will probably buy from Che as his seems to be the only readily available header that will work without any modification(s).

May I ask why you replaced your header with the stock manifold? Just curious.

I would gladly appreciate any other suggestions you may have.

Many thanks again.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Rather than Play 'Twenty Questions'.. why don't you just tell us what is going on with your Spyder?.. then we might be able to suggest something..

What is the Big Rush?..

Cap

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
I replaced my main cat because the flex section was shot.I saw the 3 bolts that attach the header to the down pipe would be trouble getting off.So I opted to gut my stock header to ease installation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.