MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
knuckle bushing rear left and right
my question is i need to buy the whole knukle or they sell the bushing separate omg dont tell me that the bushing come with the whole knuckle '
this is the picture pleaseeeee helpppppppp 20190104_130023.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can i use the 2 bushing of amazon that is only 8.50 dollars in amazon for the 2 rear bushing knukle like you see in the pictures? or i nedd the 2 more expensice bushing

20190104_130023.jpg

·
Registered
571 Posts
can i use the 2 bushing of amazon that is only 8.50 dollars in amazon for the 2 rear bushing knukle like you see in the pictures? or i nedd the 2 more expensice bushing

View attachment 68103
Did you read the posts? Based on the posts, the Amazon bushings work.. Just like you though I can only go by someone else's posts. I've never done the job. Another option is to find out the part number for the Toyota version sold by MWR. Pay attention to that conversion because that requires adapting the 14mm bushing to 12mm bolt required for the mr2 assembly. Good luck report your findings

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you read the posts? Based on the posts, the Amazon bushings work.. Just like you though I can only go by someone else's posts. I've never done the job. Another option is to find out the part number for the Toyota version sold by MWR. Pay attention to that conversion because that requires adapting the 14mm bushing to 12mm bolt required for the mr2 assembly. Good luck report your findings
so with the amazon bushing i need to adapt to 12 mm bolt mmmmm ok

dont get mad lol

·
Registered
571 Posts
https://www.spyderchat.com/forums/sh...t=Moog+k200034

Moog K200034 Control Arm Bushing https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002M6L9I2..._FaamCb6KEHETP
THIS DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY ADAPTATION. SIMPLY OLD OUT AND THIS ONE IN. I'VE NOT DONE THIS BUT FROM MY UNDERSTANDING OF READING THE POST, THIS IS SIMILAR TO ORIGINAL.

Cusco - https://www.blackhawkjapan.com/produ...sco-157-464-nv
THIS IS A HIGH QUALITY BUT PRETTY PRICEY REPLACEMENT.

TwosRUs - https://twosrus.com/catalog/product_...oducts_id=1180
THIS IS A TOYOTA BUSHING FOR ANOTHER VEHICLE (ALL-TRAC CAMRY? I FORGET). THIS BUSHING IS MADE FOR A 14MM BOLT. OUR MR2 CARRIER USES A12MM BOLT. THAT SLOP (USING 12MM INSTEAD OF 14MM) WILL CAUSE CONTROL ARM ALIGNMENT ISSUES AT LEAST. YOU CAN CHOOSE TO GET A SLEEVE TO ADAPT THE BUSHING, YOU CAN EXPAND THE CARRIER HOLE TO ACCEPT A LARGER (14MM BOLT), YOU CAN SKIP THIS PRODUCT AND GO WITH ANY OF THE 3 OTHER OPTIONS, OR YOU CAN PURCHASE THE KIT FROM MWR.

The referenced post inferred that the above are solutions. Is that an absolute? That depends on your belief in the forum. I would like to believe that in THIS forum someone with experience and knowledge will call out - post- wrong or incorrect or incomplete or uninformed information.

I personally would go with 1 Amazon part. Get it, measure everything, crawl under my car and measure/compare. If I felt confident that it would fit, I'd pull the carrier and bushing and replace (marking strut bolts for the alignment). If it works, I'd do the second one and post the results in both posts. Same if it didn't work... Explaining my conclusions. Take time to spell check and write at least close to proper English.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I have read all the posts and am still not clear if the Amazon part fits both the trailing arm and the Lower Control Arm bushing locations in the rear hub.
Also it seems to me that you can no longer buy the Superpro bush for the hub; or does someone have a source for just that bush?

·
Registered
571 Posts
The lower control arm has a hub side bushing (Moog K200034 which is actually CTR 55215-38000). See picture. This is completely different than the trailing arm bushing. They are NOT interchangeable.
The lower control arm bushing is a pain and you'd best get it pressed out and in.
The trailing arm bushing is also a pain and if you can have that pressed out and a new one pressed in that is much less work. While your at it the wheel bearing might be a good option.
The picture is the Moog part out of the box and the Koyo OE rear wheel bearing.

20200116_191525.jpg

·
Registered
571 Posts
No. That is the lower control arm bushing available from Moog. When I opened my Moog box (K200034) the box contained a bag labeled CTR 55215-38000. Apparently the CTR package was placed in the Moog bag either by the retailer or Moog.
Regarding the completely separate trailing arm, that is Superpro. Unfortunately, one can get a poly lower control arm bushing but they are stupid expensive and are branded for another car. However, Superpro makes the trailing arm bushing which is:
SPF2398K - Trailing arm lower bushing

For shits and giggle's, here are the others made by Superpro:
SPF2781K - Front Lower Control Arm - Inner Front Kit
SPF2782K - Front Lower Control Arm - Inner Rear Kit
SPF2092B-4K - Front Sway bar link to lower arm bushing
SPF2399-20K - Front Sway bar mount to chassis bushing (20mm)
SPF2396K - Rear Lower Control Arm - Inner bushing
SPF2400-15K - Rear Sway bar mount to chassis bushing (15mm)
SPF2395K - Toe control arm - Inner bushing

·
Registered
958 Posts
So the SPF2398K - Trailing arm lower bushing is actually the outer one that will install in the rear hub? How did you figure this out since Superpro does not list this location as something they carry for the Spyder?

Dave

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Here is some useful old material on this topic (some of it not-so-old).

As you can see this topic has been under discussion since time immemorial with hardly anything new added.

So let me contribute something new: for anyone attempting this without benefit of a press, I suggest a tool of this type - and you can use it for your hubs and wheel bearings too.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Great search results MerryF. The statement in one was "The Napa part interchangeability with Moog Rear Lower Control Arm Bushing moog-k200034 is for a Hyundai Sonata 1999-2005 and some Kia Optimas.”

The part Amazon referenced is:
Moog K200034 Control Arm Bushing Amazon.com: Moog K200034 Control Arm Bushing: Automotive
I personally have never done the work. I bought everything to do but determined later that the hub was bent. I purchased an 04 68k salvaged hub and replaced the trailing arm bushing with my Superpro. Did a string alignment then got the car aligned. 0 toe, 1.6 camber. Done

·
Registered
958 Posts
It seems that the bottom line for our rear hub Lower control Arm bushing, there is no Urethane bushing except for this one, which is really an OEM-style made of a 65A Urethane. Not sure of the durability or stiffness compared to the K200034.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts