MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My spyder runs like a champ but a couple little things are spoiling my ride. My rear defrost doesn't work, the buttons little light goes on but the window doesn't defrost, also I get this terrible clack sound from my driver rear tire area. It only happens on uneven roads, it doesn't make the sound over a speed bum or any kind of ledge but it will make it at any speed over a bumpy road.

I think I might need new sway bar bushings but any other trouble shooting advice would be awesome

· Registered
5,611 Posts
The defroster wire runs from the bin-storage area to the rear window. There is a two-prong plug on each end. Maybe you bumped the connector loose from the bin-storage area?

For clacking noises - a wild guess is a loose shock absorber. See if the upper shock bolts are snug in the shock tower under the engine lid. Can you make the noise by shaking the car up/down in the driveway? If so, have somebody shake the car while you crawl under and get dirt all in your eyes to look for the source. Put your hand on various parts to "feel" for the source.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.