MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the AEM f/ic and i am figuring out the in's and outs of the device for when i turbo, etc.. I have the PPE headers and high flow cat with the harness all done up and a 3 inch intake with the MAF map spot on.

So, here's my issue. I have begun messing with the 02 map.. Fun stuff. However, i noticed something.. When looking at the 02 voltages the bank 1 is working properly and bank 2 is staying consistently at .05-.1V. okay, it's all good. Initially i don't think anything about it until i start messing with 02 voltages.

First let me explain how the f/ic modifies the 02. it uses a modifyer signal, or at least supposed to, to add voltage to a signal to make the ecu see the correct voltage..
The setup is is supposed to be this:

When i started playing with the voltages i started having issues..
First it was the Fuel trims being all messed up.. Bank 1 started going to +13 while bank 2 was staying below +7.. Keep in mind i now have a 3 inch intake installed which i dialed in the MAF already(prior to this incident i was staying at +3 for the last 4 days of driving to and from work; it's about 100 miles a day.)
I haven't even modified the voltages at all for the 02 yet, i set it so voltage in= voltage out. But i was still having issues.
First it was the fuel trims being very odd. Then i got a VVT sensor code..(odd.. pulled out the sensor, cleaned it, made no difference) and i got a 2-4 misfire.. i am guessing LTFT all messed up causing abnormally lean. On my uego it was reading upwards of 16-17 during closed loop... not good.. Then the running rough began.. Car ran well in open loop, so to make it home while i watched the AFR(stayed between 13.5-12.5) i went WOT for short bursts to get home (5 minute drive) just because closed loop driving was HORRIBLE!
This is where i get this morning. i took off my 02 conditioner harness and check it, remake it for the hell of it.. then i pull out the AEM Plug/Play harness and start taking a look..

First thing i notice it only one 02 modifier. wires 1(bank 2) and 13(bank 1) should be intact, but only 13 was being used. so i then traced it to the ecu side of the harness and no resistor..
What good does only one 02 tap do if you have two 02 sensor inputs..

I have tried to call MWR to try and speek with someone about the reasoning or if it was a mistake, etc. but no answer...
even with a turbo and one 02(like i have now) it would still cause issues when you try and make an 02 map and it only effects one 02 sensor.. apparently bank 1. For now, i will leave the voltages alone until i figure something out.. Once i speak to either them or Boomslang(which ever make them) i'll either add in the wire and tap the second 02 and add the correct resistors since they're not there.

Just felt like sharing to hear what others would think/say.
On another note, made a shift light out of the VTEC/12V out. lol

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I'll have to digest this a little..

Wonder if you have a Celica Harness..

Fact is.. you only ( Now ) have one o2 sensor used for fueling.. so for outputs to the ECU from the FIC, one is ok..

But are you saying that one bank is not getting an O2 Sig from anything?..

Can you post up a quick diagram or tell me that wires are going where to from the ECU.

I'm more comfortable with schematics..

Cap

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
just checked invoice, it looks like celica and MR2 are labeled as the same on MWR.
Everything else is connected up with no problems and is working. They removed all the unneeded/used wires.

As of now bank 1 sensor1 is connected up with wire 13 (AEM's B1S1 modifyer). i will probably end up adding the wire to get bank 1 sensor 2 wired up..
They also did not wire in the 10k 1/4w resister..

Here is for a Celica GT-S. It'll be different obviously, but you get the point.
http://forum.aempower.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=19962.0;attach=3744

Removed any and all 02 maps and everything is running perfect again.

This one is the pinout for the 1zz
http://forum.aempower.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=19962.0;attach=3754

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll have to digest this a little..
Wonder if you have a Celica Harness..
Fact is.. you only ( Now ) have one o2 sensor used for fueling.. so for outputs to the ECU from the FIC, one is ok..
But are you saying that one bank is not getting an O2 Sig from anything?..
The ECU is receiving both 02 signals, but the F/IC is only patched to see one.
Can you post up a quick diagram or tell me that wires are going where to from the ECU.
included above
I'm more comfortable with schematics..
Cap
On another note, i now have my fuell trims as followed.
LTFT B1 = 0.8
LTFT B2 = 0.0
STFT B1 = -1.6
STFT B2 = -1.6

Good numbers there.. Still getting a random code for VVT solenoid though so i am wondering..
Cars running great through out the RPM range though and a have the AFR cleaned up through WOT.

Gonna put the stock intake back on though for peace of mind and drive ability.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Check the Patch Harness, as I remember some of them having 'Issues' with continuity..

Thinking that might be your VVTi Problem..

Cap

1 - 5 of 5 Posts