MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been gathering the pieces 2015 TC Trans, 2016 Camry engine, frankenstein motor works swap kit and started the swap,

Started working on the harness,

Pulled apart the trans and continued to wait for the 6th gear I ordered.............
So a buddy asked me to work on his MR-H for him, I replaced his transmission while waiting on mine.

This is a Honda Acty Van
The company got back to me telling me that they and none of their friends had the gear I needed.
No body else seems to have it either after some more searching. So I waited for nothing....
Now I'm finding all the little things I over looked.
Phatties hose kit for one, it has a really nice Tee.
Scion Fuse box my harness didn't come with it.
Now I'm fighting with an automatic harness, going to pick up bellhousing bolts (Thanks for the picture Gouky) and other small things.

Well this is the start, kinda.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I didn't have any trouble getting the 6th gear set from the eb62 from Toyota . I assume that's what you're talking about .
Also with the auto harness you have to add two wires for the reverse lights and you'll probably need the plug .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lucky me the trans came with that plug and I have plenty of long wires from the Automatic

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I got side tracked, helped out my buddy do a few things to his S2000 and work on another one of those little vans (they make me money).
Also finally found some gears. after I put it all back together orz.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thought I was going on a test drive over the weekend but I found out yet another over looked part as I was trying to place my axles. The carrier for the axle I had on my engine is the wrong one. Not sure if I overlooked this in a thread. Now I know for sure that the 2016 Camry engine has the wrong one.

P.S. This swap is a lot easier than I make it seem. I just keep getting sidetracked and waiting on las minute backordered parts.

·
Registered
858 Posts
The camry one should work as long as it's the manual trans one. but i suspect you have the one from the automatic. The part number you want is 43457-21010

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Progress.... mostly. every thing is in including the correct axle carrier. Oh batteries dead.....good thing there is like three other vehicles here with working batteries. Cranks, cranks, cranks, maybe its not priming. well fuel rail is bone dry orz. Now I just have to find the wire not connected or put in a race car switch to power the pump. At least all the dash lights work fine so that part went well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got back from a jolly good 'camping' trip with my boys. Yes there is fuel in the tank, but thanks for bringing that up as I've overlooked stuff like that in the past on other projects. After clearing my head a bit I've decided to dig back into it. One buddy asked if the immobilizer was holding it out and I remember the ECU provided by Gouky had it cleared so I am pretty sure that is not the problem. I pulled the charger off the battery and noticed even after being on a trickle charge for the last weekend it was only reading a whopping 9DC :( Planning on buying a Fit battery anyways so I will see if that helps.

Also there are two white plugs just hanging out right above the fuel tank. Anybody know what they go too. I mean if they are in the system that might be the problem as they have little corrosion going on.

·
Registered
858 Posts
The failure mode of the immobilizer is actually really easy to isolate and by the sounds of it, it isn't your issue. If you've got everything right but the ECU has an immobilizer and the hardware is missing the engine will fire for 1-2 seconds before dying once after you reconnect the battery. after that it'll just crank and crank and crank. but if you disconnect the battery you get one more 1-2 seconds of firing and then nothing else again till you disconnect the battery.

A noid light like this is super handy to be able to tell if your injectors and coils are being told to fire: https://amzn.to/36anr1y it quickly eliminates those things.

Also, make sure you check your power supplies of course. make sure the coils are getting 12V with key on and so are the injectors.

Also, are you getting a tachometer signal? that will only show if the ECU detects that the engine is spinning.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got back to the house. Gonna trouble shoot some more this weekend. I'll keep and up date as I seem to be sooo sporadic.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright bypassed a lot of things full pump works and I have fuel in the rail. Noid light on the coils shows they are being powered. Injectors not so much. Relay tested out as well. I even swapped over the horn and the AC relay to just triple check. So now I am looking at what/where the injectors and fuel pump get signal from. Looked around and can't find another relay or switch. I am starting to wish I didn't move to the west coast then I could have Gouky come over for beer and pizza and laugh at something I am over looking.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Alright bypassed a lot of things full pump works and I have fuel in the rail. Noid light on the coils shows they are being powered. Injectors not so much. Relay tested out as well. I even swapped over the horn and the AC relay to just triple check. So now I am looking at what/where the injectors and fuel pump get signal from. Looked around and can't find another relay or switch. I am starting to wish I didn't move to the west coast then I could have Gouky come over for beer and pizza and laugh at something I am over looking.
Are you trying to diagnose this without the shop manual or the wiring diagrams?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wish I had some of those looked around. I am now wondering if it has something to do with all the splices I made for the swap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts