MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a polycarbonate or acrylic replacement for the glass on a hardtop for sale?

·
Registered
63 Posts
call your local private owned auto glass shop and ask for 1/8" lexan or makrolon. or you can order from here. 24"x60" is what you need. you can make a template with transfer paper and a pencil of your glass and then trace it onto the polycarb. I am using " light grey smoked" makrolon that looks like 50% tint

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
call your local private owned auto glass shop and ask for 1/8" lexan or makrolon. or you can order from here. 24"x60" is what you need. you can make a template with transfer paper and a pencil of your glass and then trace it onto the polycarb. I am using " light grey smoked" makrolon that looks like 50% tint

Howd you'd you curve the polycarb. Also did you use some sort of sealant such as urethane adhesive or did you use rivets? Can you post a picture of how yours came out?

·
Registered
63 Posts
you have to use bolts. the curve is too sharp to use windshield urethane only. I am using button head socket bolts with black hinged screw caps from lowe's. use black paint and do a 2" border, seal it up with 3m window weld, don't forget to put some in each hole. Air and water tight

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts