MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 363 Posts

·
Registered
23,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Polyurethane Front control Arm bushings

Reduce camber and castor change and ultimately improve your handling.
There are many modification out there, this one actually does something you can feel.

This is the new product that I was able to source and implement. I have installed the Superpro bushings when they were available and one bushing that made the most difference out of all the bushings was the one for the front control arm. Sadly it is hard to get the Superpro bushings as TwosRus no longer stocks them.

This new bushing is made by Energy suspension specifically for our control arm, not only makes a great replacement for your tired rubber bushing, they are going to be stiffer then the Superpro bushings because the metal sleeve is a whole lot thicker.

This is a premium bushing made my Energy suspension.
1. Graphite impregnated
2. Free floating design which is very important in terms of eliminating any binding.
3. Channels to retain the grease.

I made this otherwise expensive replacement very easy with my bushing tool and new video which shows you how to access the bushing without full disassemble of the control arm. This means that you do not have to remove the ball joint from the hub or disconnect the tie rod which can be a pain.
It is so easy that I found it easier then replacing brake pads and the procedure can be done in a matter of one hour with my tool.

These are the tools you need.

1. 17mm wrench
2. Ratchet
3. 17mm socket
4. 14mm socket
5. My bushing removal and installation tool with DVD.

I have installed this bushing on blahpony car to test the difference between the stock rubber and poly bushing and we shot the instructional video. The before and after was dramatic and blahpony going in blind described the change as not having to rotate the steering so much which had me puzzled, then I realized what he meant was the steering was so much more precise that he did not have to over compensate because of the mushy steering it had before. As he described it as not having that soupy feeling it had before.
It's been about a month and the bushings have held up great. blahpony has now told me that it has made a tremendous difference in the handling and responsiveness in the car.

There are no more Group Buys for this item. I have sold over two hundred of these bushings with great success.
From now on the bushings will be sold as individual orders subject to availability of the bushings I will have in stock.
If I do not have them in stock then they are on order and If you PM me I can give you a time line when I will have your order shipped out to you.

Please go to my website to place your order.

http://www.keytechniques.net/Celica-GB-page.html

·
Registered
23,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
There are no more Group Buys for this item. I have sold over two hundred of these bushings with great success.

From now on the bushings will be sold as individual orders subject to availability of the bushings I will have in stock.
If I do not have them in stock then they are on order and If you PM me I can give you a time line when I will have your order shipped out to you.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
If you are interested please place your name on the list. What I will do is collect a $20 payment for the bushings only and once I get a deal on them I will refund the difference. Once I get them in I will then have you pay for the bushing tool with DVD and then you will be on your way to steering nirvana.

1.sh4branze
Added myself to the list.Sounds like it works well.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Im in!

Thanks dev!

·
Registered
475 Posts
i am in for the bushing and the new instruction DVD I got your Tools and old DVD already. How much for just the bushing and DVD?

·
Registered
23,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am in for the bushing and the new instruction DVD I got your Tools and old DVD already. How much for just the bushing and DVD?
Since you already have my tool I will just charge you for the cost of the bushings what ever that may finally end up being and shipping.
I will not be making a dime off you.

·
Registered
23,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
If you are interested please place your name on the list. What I will do is collect a $20 payment for the bushings only and once I get a deal on them I will refund the difference. Once I get them in I will then have you pay for the bushing tool with DVD and then you will be on your way to steering nirvana.

1.sh4branze
2.zerahvoid
3.Sonar
4. OKSpyder

·
Registered
23,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

1.sh4branze
2.zerahvoid
3.Sonar
4. OKSpyder

·
Registered
3,594 Posts

1.sh4branze
2.zerahvoid
3.Sonar
4. OKSpyder
5.Uncle Mush
Hey Dev . . . any updates on a vendor for the rest of the bushings that SuperPro had as a set?

Thanks for doing this for us. You rock!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I Used Dev's tool & DVD when I replaced all my bushings two years ago, it really saved me a lot of time and busted knuckles.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Damn I knew Mike was slow but shit! J/K Mike.

Put me on the list Dev. I hope we can get it down to $20.

·
Registered
23,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hey Dev . . . any updates on a vendor for the rest of the bushings that SuperPro had as a set?

Thanks for doing this for us. You rock!
I have to talk to TwosRus to see if they may put together a bushing group buy for us.
In the mean time I will also contact energy suspension to see if they will make more bushings for us.
I have some leftover rear control arms so it might be possible for them to make them in the future.
When that time comes you will have the tool and video ready to go.

·
Registered
23,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I Used Dev's tool & DVD when I replaced all my bushings two years ago, it really saved me a lot of time and busted knuckles.
It really is a cool tool. Believe it or not I found doing it with a press not only more difficult but dangerous as well when one of my control arms went flying across the garage.
Now the bushing can be installed on the car which is the breakthrough I have been looking for as most would not attempt doing this task.

·
Registered
23,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Damn I knew Mike was slow but shit! J/K Mike.

Put me on the list Dev. I hope we can get it down to $20.
I slowed it down because I thought it was funny.
Energy wont deal with me directly so that means I will have to go though a vendor for the bushings.
I will have to make a number of phone calls and see which one can give us the best deal.
I know for a fact I can get them for us for $20 so anything better will be a plus.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
It really is a cool tool. Believe it or not I found doing it with a press not only more difficult but dangerous as well when one of my control arms when flying across the garage.
Now the bushing can be installed on the car which is the breakthrough I have been looking for as most would not attempt doing this task.
Oh I believe that, I've had things snap and bend on the press do to mechanical error:huh: It did make the removal much easier then using a torch and 5 lbs. hammer... Anyway it’s more cost effective then a Harbor freight POS press and you get how-to-directions on what to do.

·
Registered
23,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh I believe that, I've had things snap and bend on the press do to mechanical error:huh: It did make the removal much easier then using a torch and 5 lbs. hammer... Anyway it’s more cost effective then a Harbor freight POS press and you get how-to-directions on what to do.
How do you like the bushings. Mine still give me that nice tight new car feeling. Superpro made a quality set for us.

·
Registered
23,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i have the super pro front lower control arm bushing about to be installed...is this the same part? if its different im in. i want to do a complete bushing replacement soon. already have the tool and dvd ready to go..

If you have the superpro bushings then you don't need this bushing. Although from my observation the Energy suspension version seem like it would be stiffer but that is just a guess.

Just use your tool and watch the DVD and you should be fine and remember you have my technical support anytime during the install.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
How do you like the bushings. Mine still give me that nice tight new car feeling. Superpro made a quality set for us.
I saw a noticeable difference, at the time I had 90K of local driving on NYC / Long Island roads. I feel that Corkys breast plate and replacing all the stock bushings were well worththe wrench time and one of the best handling mods any Spyder owner can do as our cars start reaching middle age^_^

1 - 20 of 363 Posts