MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had this car for quite a while and I think now is the time to finally start a thread.

Here is how the car used to look...

After some parts and some work...

my fans busted so I put some slim fans in, which seem to work better than the stock ones.

Some seats to hold me in place

When I was putting in the 6 speed.

Tein S Tech Springs

Before:

After the Springs:

After getting some more new parts in...

coilovers:

Megan camber control arms:

What it looks like now after I finally installed everything and painted the front bumper, spoiler and rear inserts. Also got a dual exhaust setup.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
Car is looking good and the mods are tasteful!

Question though, the wiring harness for the fogs, is that an OEM harness and do you have a part number? I have a 2000 w/ 2003 bumper/fogs and dont have them wired up.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks drummerdawg, It's not an OEM kit. I bought the kit for the highlander, mr2 and I think yaris from ebay. The kit came with all of the wiring needed and the switch and everything. The quality is poor, but you get what you pay for. My brother helped me do the wiring to get them to work.

·
Registered
937 Posts
nice pics.

can u post a few more with the seat installed?
also, what brackets/rails are u using?

looking good so far!

·
Registered
781 Posts
How did you go from a 5 license plate to a 6? :confused: Nice car!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice pics.

looking good so far!
I actually had some knock off recaro seats before these and they came with civic rails and I just bent them a little and my bro helped me weld some brackets for them. So I actually don't have nice rails, although I do intend on purchasing a nice set.

How did you go from a 5 license plate to a 6? :confused: Nice car!
Haha well the 5 license plate was the old one and the rear was bent from a small accident, some guy was not paying attention and hit my rear bumper, so I wanted to get new plates and that's how it happened.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Car looks tight with those mods. Needs more low lol.
Just got an alignment a few days ago, car rides a lot better. I got the megan toe control arms and put those in and the car feels way better. I wish I had those for the meet. I honestly don't know how you guys that are lower drive around like that. At the height my car is, it scrapes on most speed bumps in parking garages.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Awesome.

I'm still waiting for my VIOSIII and 6 point. -_-

Love the car!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome.

I'm still waiting for my VIOSIII and 6 point. -_-

Love the car!
Thanks Davis, you have a sweet ride yourself. Is it your DD ?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Just got an alignment a few days ago, car rides a lot better. I got the megan toe control arms and put those in and the car feels way better. I wish I had those for the meet. I honestly don't know how you guys that are lower drive around like that. At the height my car is, it scrapes on most speed bumps in parking garages.
i hate going to work now cuz my underbody is scraping this stupid speedbump that i cant avoid cuz i recently put in coilovers :(

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nice pics.

looking good so far!
Sorry it took me so long to upload them, but here they are. Along with other small things that i have done and didn't post.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Love the mods, looks sweet! I plan to add a spoiler, would like to know what yours is and maybe post a few pics of yours attached!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Passenger side VIOS also? Ballin'! :lol:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what's the spec of your wheels and tires?
Rota grid offroad 16x8 +20 offset all around
Front tires are some Falkens 205/40
Rear tires are some Michellin 205/50

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Love the mods, looks sweet! I plan to add a spoiler, would like to know what yours is and maybe post a few pics of yours attached!
It's the Luxury Part ducktail spoiler, he used to offer them painted, but not anymore. I just painted it with some paint from automotivetouchup.com I also did the front bumper while I was at it, since i bought it from the dealer and they don't come painted. I'll post pics of it in a bit.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts