MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a road trip over to Battle creek Mi. and bought this body kit that's actually for an old vw beetle . Looks like it will fit on a spyder with a few alterations ... lol . Maybe next winters project .....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Reminds me of the old Slope Nose 911's or a Gemballa (think I spelled that correctly).
I sculpted out in CAD 911 shrouds to use with 94 911 headlamps on the Spyder. Probably get around to printing them out later in the Spring.

·
Registered
296 Posts
dangerous adventure/project you are looking at. See My Luxury Part Build ... Super Warrento S

Hope you have all the dedication and skill as Rayven does.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dangerous adventure/project you are looking at. See My Luxury Part Build ... Super Warrento S

Hope you have all the dedication and skill as Rayven does.
I've been following his build ... I probably don't have his dedication or skills but I'll give it a go . It's all about the journey ....

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
935. Looks more like an SC with a slant nose kit than a 935.
Here's what the internet has to say about it ...

1970 930-VEE Kit V6 Project Price: $2900 obo​
Back on the market, dont let this car get away! Less than 100 of these Body Kits were manufactured, but they are still available if parts are needed. The installed fiberglass body kit converts a stock VW into a 935 Porsche Style road racer. Powered by a Chevy V6 engine adapted to VW 4 speed tranny, this car will scream once finished. The VW is a rust free Az car, clean title, straight metal with no bondo. Floors are solid, the doors close and hang correctly. The body was sandblasted and primered. Corvette cross flow radiator is in the nose and plumbing to the rear is done. Boxes of new and extra parts include almost all rubber, 2 KYB shocks, side mirrors, headlinner kit, carpet kit, all glass, headlights tail lights, clutch and pressure plate, door handles, factory seats, all accessories for the V6 including AC and heater. Comes with stock VW wheels & tires. When completed will be a one of a kind, fun, street car. Over $9K invested. $2900 is a deal! Trades? Running Ghia might be considered. Call 928-420-1296 Ralph or ema​

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
It doesn't work with the Beetle lines...

Thats not attractive on a bug =(
You are supposed to be laughing so hard that you are on the floor pounding your keyboard with your forehead.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'm sorry... but I think I'd bury that thing and put it out of it's misery.

I'll watch with interest if you actually build it... and keep any further negativity to myself.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm sorry... but I think I'd bury that thing and put it out of it's misery.

I'll watch with interest if you actually build it... and keep any further negativity to myself.
I can tell you're going to what one of these ....

I can handle negativity ....

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Won't the front hood be too long and maybe at the wrong angle? Looks like a good challenge though.
I don't really know yet but looks like it will be ok ... also when I measured the front it needs to be about 7 inches wider , the kit that is .

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Please don't do that to a beautiful spyder! The car will ride around in embarrassment the rest of it's days.
Don't worry I'll use an ugly spyder so no harm done !!!

Not really sure why kiwinz posted the white spyder in this thread ... maybe he wants to donate it to the cause .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts