26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I'm with my friend install porsche boxster (non s) brembo calipers to zzw30
Some pictures:

stuff for install:
from left to right, from up to down:
— brake rotor for front Brembo 300*25mm (Ford Focus), drilled for 4-100 PCD
— brake rotor for rear Brembo 312*22mm (audi)
— Brembo Porsche boxster (non S) calipers
— rear bearing hubs
— rear hubs from non-turbo sw20 (rear axle now is 5-114 PCD)
— adapters for calipers (our engineering)
— ring for centering the rotors
— original porsche calipers bolts
— EBS brake pads
— wilwood brake regulator
— copper tube + fittings
— goodridge steel line + fittings

compare front brakes

installing

after

before

brake lines

almost installed

brake master cylinder - original from zzw30 and work perfectly, ABS is working

feelings - amazing, in Russia we said: "like in the wall" :)

all setup price (in Russia) is about 2200$ (with used calipers from ebay), I think it is not expensive, here I can buy only XYZ-racing brake kits with price more than 3500$

sorry for my English guys

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Welcome! That's a pretty serious first post, nice to see. Your clearance looks pretty close towards the centre of the wheel, I'm assuming it's good?

The only thing I'd do is get some caliper paint on there. Personal preference, but I wouldn't want to be seen as bragging about having porsche parts... looks good... I'm assuming it functions well/better than factory?

You answered my next 2 questions here " brake master cylinder - original from zzw30 and work perfectly, ABS is working". I hope it continues to work well for you.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Very nice!!!

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
love it but please just for sensibilities please paint them so you cannot see the Porsche lettering. They look fantastic but it is kind of posing to have them labeled as Porsche
Well, they ARE Porsche parts. To me "posing" would be to put "Porche" on Toyota calipers . . . but I hear what you're saying. Red ones that say "Brembo" or whatever look good.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Excellent mod and nice write up. I do have one question, why copper tubing instead of brake line?

My only concern would be safety related. Brake line tubing is steel and double walled, copper tubing is single walled and much softer. My concern is will it hold up to the pressures encountered under severe or even moderate braking loads.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Nice work.

What kind of sideskirts are these?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Nice work.

What kind of sideskirts are these?
Looks like C-One sideskirts... some of the more classy ones IMO. Front bumper threw me off... I think it's mix-n-matched with a SARD front end.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
Excellent mod and nice write up. I do have one question, why copper tubing instead of brake line?

My only concern would be safety related. Brake line tubing is steel and double walled, copper tubing is single walled and much softer. My concern is will it hold up to the pressures encountered under severe or even moderate braking loads.
I agree with this, I would replace the copper tubing with actual steel brake lines.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
I sure don't like seeing copper in the pics. I would think ABS and MC would work just fine as they are seperate units controlling fluid pressure to the caliper. As long as you have enough volume for caliper piston movement it should work. How much weight did this add?

·
Registered
17,055 Posts
Copper is more malleable than steel and cracks when flexing. Copper isn't used on modern brake lines. There is a copper nickel alloy that meets SAE standards. Maybe that is what they are using? Regular copper lines aren't even allowed in the US anymore.

·
Registered
682 Posts
From what year of the boxter and model is the brakes?

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Why did you use hardline from caliper to strut mount? Doesn't the caliper move? I don't understand how the lines aren't broken after a few turns. Or does the flexible line from strut mount to body hardline take up the slack? But the strut mount is holding the hardline in place.

Aren't boxsters 3200lbs or so? These calipers/rotors are way overkill.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Why did you use hardline from caliper to strut mount? Doesn't the caliper move? I don't understand how the lines aren't broken after a few turns. Or does the flexible line from strut mount to body hardline take up the slack? But the strut mount is holding the hardline in place.

Aren't boxsters 3200lbs or so? These calipers/rotors are way overkill.
They claim a little less, but "wet" I'm sure it's more than that, although the newer ones are actually lighter I think, the 2013 S model claims 2,950 but I don't know if that's dry.

That's an awful lot of brakes, for sure. I think the early ones were 11.7" on the front and 11.5" on the back.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts