MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I'm currently looking at this private sale right here:
http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?50374-FS-Top-Secret-1zz-Turbo-Kit&p=815064&posted=1#post815064

It's a partial kit so more is needed, but wanted to fly this by these boards before I make a firm decision.

I looked through the original sale thread here:
http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?40415-FS-1zz-Topsecret-Turbo-kit-%28partial%29&highlight=topsecret+turbo

And he does list what is needed, but I'm not sure where I would find everything he listed and have it be the right part.

Anyone kind enough to help me out here on where I could find or what I should get?

·
Registered
989 Posts
What are your intentions? are you going to be doing the install or is someone else?
Personally, if you are going to be doing the install, if you are even asking these questions, you have a lot more research and reading to do.

Research, and then MWR would be a good place to start looking at parts.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
What are your intentions? are you going to be doing the install or is someone else?
Personally, if you are going to be doing the install, if you are even asking these questions, you have a lot more research and reading to do.

Research, and then MWR would be a good place to start looking at parts.
I was thinking exactly the same thing, but I hesitated from destroying his hopes and dreams.

Installing a turbo kit on the Spyder is not as easy or as straightforward as a bolt-on modification like intake, header or exhaust. If you are asking very basic questions about the kit, I recommend starting with a lot more research about the parts and labor required before committing to buy anything.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I think you should do some more research too. A flux capacitor has no place in the warp drive.

However, I can hook you up with some dilitium crystals, if you're interested...

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
I think you should do some more research too. A flux capacitor has no place in the warp drive.

However, I can hook you up with some dilitium crystals, if you're interested...

i was going to use the flux capacitor in my time travel machine/MR2 Spyder, but I found out that it was over the limit for awesomeness. My car can just handle so much awesome!

So I'm just looking for the warp drive for shear awesome speed!

·
Registered
745 Posts
I will help you PM me for details. I install me kit all by my self, not hard at all. You just need the right things from the beginning, if not have the right things you will be wasting big money just like i did with engine manager, turbo selection and tuning. Thrust me being there, is not nice to learn by digging in pocket.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Everything is bolt on except tuning.

And enough mechanical ability to keep it on the road after the install. I think the OP is about to bite off more than he can chew.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts