MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wheels were really showing their age with rust, chips and peeling clear coat, so I decided to get them powdercoated. While I was at it, I figured I’d get the rust removed from my TRD strut tower braces. Here are the results.
C0D7DBBC-A394-48AC-B245-62E928489046.jpeg
01C93478-0AEA-4F91-8678-EFD6A7529473.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Good choice on the powder coating. Holds up so much better than painting parts.
I had a bent rim on my Mini so I got it repaired and the wheels redone so that I could keep the Works wheels looking good. Well worth the cost and effort.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I hate powder coating... It never seems to hold up once it gets chipped and is exposed to the elements.

But to be fair, it should work very well for the strut towers, and it does look good.

(y)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I haven't seen any issues when done on frames and other parts with hotrods. I guess like painting it depends on the prep work and how think or thick it was put on.
A friends Exocet car and been well abused and the skeleton on it looks great still.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think it looks good. I’d like to powder coat my brake calipers and a few other parts. I did it on my last vette and it looked awesome. Anything ( within reason) that’s done to personalize Mr 2 is an improvement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts