MR2 SpyderChat banner

Power Quest document

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to put this information together. Whoever said it wasnt helpful shouldnt be looking to mod in the first place. Great job, will be using this for reference in the future. :icon_thumright:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Nice! I've had my spyder for almost 3 years and have been reading sc since then. I'm just now starting to catch the performance bug and this doc is a GREAT recap/intro to all the things I didn't understand two years ago.

Thanks for writing this.

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
This is really good thank you but some links are dead now
The only links that dont work all went to the previous incarnation of the MWR site.

The single link to WEB3.0's site is down until AT&T reinstates it.

There also one to someguy whose since sold his turbo 'rolla.

·
Registered
28 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
That's exactly right. And another thing - these crazy HP newbs always assume that it can be done for, oh, $1500 or so. They have very unrealistic expectations about cost. When they get a look at what the electrical and engine management will involve and cost in parts alone, they disappear, never to be heard from again.
That's because most newbs (myself included ;) ) either have never owned a high hp car, or are broke college students that are just dreaming (i'm the latter, hahaha)....the difference will be whether or not they actually decide to try to follow up on their "power goals"...i mean...when i get my spyder, i'm shooting for 300-350....and even that's a MAYBE....probably more like 250-300, hahaha...

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
broke college students that are just dreaming (i'm the latter, hahaha)....when i get my spyder, i'm shooting for 300-350....
When I read things like this I have to just wonder if you have any idea of what you are saying. It seems like you have utterly no idea what you are getting into, both in terms of safety and finance.

Why not just shoot for 500? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Document Download

Hi, I've been trying to download the document for my reference but it always states that I have to pay for usage in South East Asia. Does anyone have a copy posted on another link which I can download from? Would really like to have it as my reference.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I cant get it to download...it may be because I am a noob to the file sharing site and dont know how it works or what, but I would really appreciate some advice on how to go about downloading the doc.
thanks

·
Registered
493 Posts
Τhank you for your effort WTS ^_^

It's almost embaracing for a noob member like me, to have all this info summed up so nice and tidy.

Thank you once again my friend, reading that was very helpful and inspiring to keep tuning my Spyder.

·
Registered
13 Posts
(...)
So I compiled my notes, PM's and emails into a single document peppered with hyperlinks and tossed it out onto the 'net.

Theres really nothing new here and its certainly not meant to be the definitive guide to making power with ZZ engines. If anyone has a suggestion or thinks I just plain got something wrong. Let me know.
<span style="color:#ff00ff">DivShare File - Power_Quest_An_Enthusiasts_Perspective.doc

(...)
[/list]
Hi all!
this is my first post... I was browsing here and found this interesting thread, so I wanted to see the Perspective of WTS :) but I cannot view or download the file.
Any suggestion?

Anyway, thanks to WTS for his work and compliments to all of you for this great forum
thank you
ariz

EDIT: WTS sent me the doc: great!!!
many thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Retouch this thread

Maybe this thread should be retouched as 200whp isn't that hard with a 2zz swap. Overall you will be spending some money but you get what you pay for. And now-a-days you can even get 200whp+ with just simple mods such as i/h/e, apexi fc and if you have money D&D intake manifold. I personally do not own a Spyder "yet" but I'm currently an owner of a Celica.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey guys, anyone have a copy of this or is it in google docs now, etc? I can't get the link to show the doc... :(

·
Registered
76 Posts
Darn ....

Cannot connect to the rep database because: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111

No can download...

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Power quest

Send me an email address and a description of what your doing with the your MR2!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Why is this a sticky when the link is dead? Please either fix the link or remove the sticky.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts
About this Discussion
74 Replies
43 Participants
Mink
MR2 SpyderChat
SpyderChat Forum is a community for Toyota MR2 Spyder Enthusiasts to discuss specs, reliability and more!
Full Forum Listing