MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
used to have that set up.
really liked the equal length header.....unfortunately it had breakage issues[4 times until i gave up on it].

the turbo spools quickly and offers a nice kick. expect 60 to 80 additional whp, depending on additional mods.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I heard "great design, great metal bits, but not great quality in the other tubes and connectors" from somebody here that had one.

Looks good, and just what I want power wise.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys

ansd What do I need more for this kit?

Power FC, intercooler..?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Basicly nothing else if you keep the boost between 5-7 PSI,
I have had one of these early kits on my 2002 for about 5-6 years and no major problems.
The only thing is if you require emmisions test.
Here in Missouri they don't actually test the emmisions, but check the OBD2 is complient.

You can simply achive this with a resistor.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Is there any way to get this kit to pass emission test?

I have had one of these early kits on my 2002 for about 5-6 years and no major problems.
Here in Missouri they don't actually test the emmisions, but check the OBD2 is complient.

·
Registered
217 Posts

Thats what i have always wondered... do these kits actually come with any sort of engine magment or method for tuning a/f? or are they relying on the stock maps? since i have never seen anything refering to it in the parts list.

·
Banned
415 Posts
Thats what i have always wondered... do these kits actually come with any sort of engine magment or method for tuning a/f? or are they relying on the stock maps? since i have never seen anything refering to it in the parts list.
I was wondering about the same thing.
No engine management, and not even bigger fuel injectors - just fuel pressure regulator.
There's no cooling system either.

My assumption is the boost is low enough to not require any of these, but does it really work?

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Banned
415 Posts
Not sure how available that kit is, have you check out the BLF one we are selling?
Definitely checkout turbokits.com's turbo. It's cheaper when bought new, and comes with more hardware. Not sure how much of a deal you got on that used enterprise kit but for 5k new without any cooling system, tuning hardware, not sure if it's worth it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
pe

i own a pe kit and would like to sell it it worked well when removed no shaft play 2000 obo i will include an oil cooler the kit does not come with and a greddy emange blue. the pe kit uses a differnt fuel pressure regulator for fuel stock ecu but you mod the wiring on one o2 sensor look at the link at the bottom it is explained i have the fpr installed in a fuel pump assembly i will include great little kit really nice response no lag very fun

1 - 15 of 15 Posts