MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Your PPE Sport Cat has been well installed. The PPE sport cat look low because of the rear bumper's height. If it "must" have a hit on road, the jacking point lips will take the hit wayyy before the cat. At the point where the cat is crushed, it's because the car is too lowered or springs are tired/too soft (downside of a very low car). It's not the catalytic converter height/design's fault. Of course, it's not pretty from the rear view mainly because you look from a baby perspective or from gap of 3 cars. From adult view, the PPE cat is less "flashy". In all case, a rear bumper skirt and the visual problem will go away. It's better than the huge stock cat, which is as low as the PPE (if not lower).
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

·
Registered
01 Spyder
216 Posts
I have their exhaust on my k24 and I hate how low it hangs. I cerakoted myself the exhaust matte black, which helped a great deal in making it less obvious from the rear. Eventually I will have someone fab up something that doesn’t hang below the subframe. But it is annoying that I have to pay for exhaust twice. I doubt I will be able to sell the ppe local.

·
Registered
601 Posts
By looking videos, downside of the PPE for the K engine is the lenght of the exhaust header :
-- header's lower junction sit longer and lower than the 1ZZ (bigger engine)
-- header/cat screws points are ~3.93 inch further than the 1ZZ
-- cat sit lower and closest below the rear bumper

So yes, the PPE full exhaust setup is not the best looking for a MR-S K20/24 engine swap.:(

·
Registered
01 Spyder
216 Posts
By looking videos, downside of the PPE for the K engine is the lenght of the exhaust header :
-- header's lower junction sit longer and lower than the 1ZZ (bigger engine)
-- header/cat screws points are ~3.93 inch further than the 1ZZ
-- cat sit lower and closest below the rear bumper

So yes, the PPE full exhaust setup is not the best looking for a MR-S K20/24 engine swap.:(
I may see if someone can simply modify my ppe. Hack it up and make something less awful looking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts