MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked at one of my precats today (the left one) and it's ok, no cracks after 132000 km. Maybe get rid of them some day...

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Bah, knock em out anyway. You'll notice the extra pep in its step when you do, I did at least.

100% free performance mod that takes less than 15 minutes, and added peace of mind.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looked at one of my precats today (the left one) and it's ok, no cracks after 132000 km. Maybe get rid of them some day...
Where did yours come from, does Sweden import them from Japan?

I'm on 98000km or so, have checked both sides of the precat and they are perfect, but I plan to probably knock them out at some point mostly through fear generated on message boards! ;)

I'm in New Zealand and mines a japanese import, and the majority of this board seems to be US based, could the Japanese ones be more awesome and not have that problem? :D hehe

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where did yours come from, does Sweden import them from Japan
My SMT-01 was imported from Germany -07 and i bought it here in Sweden okt 2010. They was sold new in Sweden all the way up to 2007 but never with the SMT.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Funny how they decide on different stuff for different countries markets...
Yes it is. Every MR2 sold in Sweden had manual gear box and ac. Mine from Germany has no ac. Maybe that was an option and Germans for some reason don't want ac in a convertible. Only SMT in Australia.

New Zealand? Sitting at the right when driving? That's why a direct japanase import is working. Wouldn't work for us i Sweden. We sit at the left and drive on the right side of the road.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm from NZ as well
Checked my precats both still good (touch wood!!) done 145000KM (91000mi approx)
Got a mechanical warranty till the end of this month then they're coming out

I have nightmares about them after whats written here so gonna get them out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts