MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

**SOLD for $13,000**

Hello all!

I'm looking for some help in pricing my 2002 black and tan MRS. I'm the second owner and it only has 13000 miles on it. It is in excellent condition with only a few extremely small flaws(like a very minor paint chip or two). It's always garaged, never snow or never rain and stored in the winter. I've been extremely anal about keeping it as perfect as I can. It's completely stock.

The values I've looked up have ranged from $9,000 to 12,000.
If anyone has any suggestions about price, please let me know. I don't know if I want to ask a higher price and wait for the right buyer, or just sell at a normal price. I have pictures, but pictures of things for sale on the internet are about as useful as a match in a rainstorm.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
I have pictures, but pictures of things for sale on the internet are about as useful as a match in a rainstorm.
You won't sell anything on the internet without pictures. Even if you try to sell locally you'll want to advertise. A pic of the odometer, the interior, soft top, clean engine bay, and the limited flaws you described will sell the car. Price it at $11999, and negotiate. The car is worth what someone is willing to pay. Ultra low mileage, convertible weather, you might get lucky.

·
Registered
53 Posts
For what it's worth . . .

I recently purchased a bone stock '03 Solar (VeryFast!) Yellow with 25K on the clock for $10K. I like to think that I got a bargain, primarily because I also like to think I'll sell it in a few years for the same money. Do the math.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
2 years ago I paid 14k for a clean '03 with the same mileage.

There are some similar 00-02 cars available on cars.com and autotrader and the prices there seem to be inflated a few k. Take a look, it's your competition.

If your car was absoloutely perfect with no mods I'd say 12-13 to the right buyer. I think 10.5-11 is a fair price. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
i just looked at an 02 yellow here at a local used car lot. It had 47K was pristine with the exception of no storage bay doors, no rock chips, immaculate top, one owner, garage kept, good rubber, cloth yellow seats and door inserts in good condition, blah blah woof woof.

10K....would not dicker

of course being yellow knocks 1-2K off the value as yellow is soooo much slower

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
You won't sell anything on the internet without pictures. Even if you try to sell locally you'll want to advertise. A pic of the odometer, the interior, soft top, clean engine bay, and the limited flaws you described will sell the car. Price it at $11999, and negotiate. The car is worth what someone is willing to pay. Ultra low mileage, convertible weather, you might get lucky.
I was just implying pictures now for asking you guys about price. I would post pictures when I put it up for sale, of course.

Thank you all for the input. I'll probably start around $12,900 and see what happens (if I even decide to sell). If it were on a dealer's lot, it would probably be some ridiculous price around $16000.
If anyone's curious, I'm in Dayton, Ohio.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Color-Fast Spyders

i just looked at an 02 yellow here at a local used car lot. It had 47K was pristine with the exception of no storage bay doors, no rock chips, immaculate top, one owner, garage kept, good rubber, cloth yellow seats and door inserts in good condition, blah blah woof woof.

10K....would not dicker

of course being yellow knocks 1-2K off the value as yellow is soooo much slower
I currently own a red '01 and a yellow '03 (gotta sell one of 'em), and I've noticed that the red is faster on cloudy days. Must be the solar energy burst at work on the other one.

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
I currently own a red '01 and a yellow '03 (gotta sell one of 'em), and I've noticed that the red is faster on cloudy days. Must be the solar energy burst at work on the other one.
you see...

running yellow[scared]:eek:

is not as fast as

running red [determined]:cool:

lights? LIGHTS??? We dun stop for no stinkin' lights:angry:

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
you see...

running yellow[scared]:eek:

is not as fast as

running red [determined]:cool:
Scared can go pretty fast too, especially when your girlfriend's daddy is after you with a shotgun. :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts