MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this morning we installed my cusco carbon wrapped front strut bar. It looked great and all and just as i was ready to drive we closed the frunk and checked the clearance of the bottom of the hood to the strut bar and dang theres no clearance at all! Actually the hood doesnt want to close properly because the bar sticks up a little and its causing flex on the hood and UNWANTED stress...

we didnt take off the "C" shaped washer things when we installed the strut bar because we didnt think it'd make a difference...but if you have a front strut bar and a CF hood how did you guys fit yours on? Is it just flush or is the hood flexing too?

Thanks.

·
Registered
16,748 Posts
we didnt take off the "C" shaped washer things
You're supposed to take those off when fitting a FSTB.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Yeah, removing the brackets leaves more contact with the chassis of the car and will give some clearance. I have the CHE FSTB which is a cusco copy and I dremmeled a spot for the windshield sprayer tubes as well since they won't clear and get pinched otherwise. If you still have clearance issues just shave off what you need. The fiberglass underside is easy to modify.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool

cool yea i did that. and if fits now just by a hair, but thats all i need.

thanks guys :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts